Employment Type: Full-Time
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, Proterra works to meet those needs, with the world's best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs. Building battery-electric vehicles for all people requires building an equitable and inclusive company which mirrors that diversity. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is what's driving our business forward every day. It starts by ensuring that our workplace, workforce and industry reflect all the communities we are proud to serve.
This position will provide comprehensive technical support to Proterra's Test Engineering Manager and work closely with the Technology Engineering team. You will be responsible for building, troubleshooting, and repairing prototype high voltage battery packs as well as setting up, maintaining, and reporting out on accelerated life tests in Proterra's Research and Development Lab.
About the Role - You will:
* Maintain acceptable performance standards for assembly, production, quality, documentation and housekeeping (daily 5S) while upholding high safety standards.
* Support the development of Engineering and Validation projects with responsibility for modifying, building and validating prototype harnesses and functional test equipment.
* Maintain production, quality standards, department blueprints, schematics, drawings, production plans and standard manufacturing procedures.
* Diagnose/troubleshoot battery pack issues and support testing activities either in the lab or from the field.
* Assemble or produce components into completed units with blueprint specification and/or design tolerances while assisting in the orientation and training of new/existing associates on various tasks.
* Check and verify quality related to the electrical system and occasionally assist with electrical integration on the production line.
* Implement new technology and aid research group in development of future products while upholding communication across cross-functional teams.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
About Our Group:
* As strategic partners, the Testing and Validation team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do great things for our company.
* We strive to provide the highest level service and support to our clients each and every day.
* We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
* We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
* You will report to the Test Engineering Manager and collaborate with other Testing and Validation team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, CA.
* Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
* Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
* Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
* Strong time management and organizational skills.
* Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
* Safety first mentality
* Excellent English communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 5 or more years of Electrical Technician experience, preferably in automotive, bus or heavy vehicle with a safety-first mentality and ability to train others.
* Experience with automotive electronic and mechanical systems.
* Hands-on mechanical and high voltage skills
* Proficient with MS Office applications
* Proficient with electronic testing, measurement and vehicle diagnostic equipment (i.e., Isolation testing, Multi-meter, Oscilloscopes, data acquisition systems, etc.)
* Physical Demands:
* May work various shifts as needed; may be requested to travel to different locations.
* Lifting up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
* Able to walk, stand, crouch, bench, kneel, lift, carry and reach as needed in large and tight spaces.
* Good eye/hand coordination and ability to identify color variations, depth perceptions and close or distance visual items.
* Manual dexterity with occasional repetitive finger motion.
* Environmental Demands:
* Ability to work in manufacturing environment with extreme heat and cold conditions.
* Wear protective clothing or respiratory protective equipment.
* Works with irritant chemicals, gases, etc.
You might also have:
* Associate degree preferred in related field
* Work experience in automotive, bus, or heavy vehicle
Location: Burlingame, CA
Travel: 0 - 10%