Employment Type: Full-Time
Please review the Applicant Privacy Statement for information about how we use the information collected in your application.
Our mission at Progenity is simple: to help healthcare providers and patients prepare for life. We provide the most advanced molecular technology and the highest levels of service to guide patient care at critical life stages. We continually seek people with the motivation and skills to advance our mission.
As a key member of our Device Development team, the engineering technician is responsible for supporting product level manufacturing and development support activities for combination medical devices. The successful Engineering Technician has a background in complex electromechanical medical device assembly and production (GMP environment), and interpersonal skills to interface with senior engineering team. This Engineering Technician will have previous direct experience in key aspects of the development life cycle and a strong character to drive projects to completion.
* Responsible for electromechanical capsule product manufacturing, test fixture assembly & support.
* Works closely with engineers to understand critical design functions, needs, and program priorities.
* Responsible for overseeing planned maintenance of equipment and manufacturing fixtures.
* Manages local/external vendors for off-the-shelf component procurement.
* Assists electrical engineers by building cable assemblies, test fixtures, and performing product level PCBA checkout.
* Identifies challenges in manufacturing, provide feedback to engineers to aid in process development and improving yield.
* Creates and executes test and build protocols and instructions for use in GMP environment.
* Builds wiring harnesses, electronic test fixture equipment, and perform end system test for full function.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
* Min. High school/GED, preferred medical device assembly and microelectronics test background IPC-A-610 and IPC-J-STD-001 certified (bonus).
* 3-5years working as engineering or lab technician or relevant experience.
* Previously supported multiple projects in parallel Perform as a lead manufacturing or engineering technician.
* Experience with inventory management & component procurement Experience assembling product under strict medical device standards.
* Prior work in Class 7 or 8 (10k or 100k) or similar cleanroom environment.
* Microelectronics assembly experience (soldering for SMD, 0402/0201 type packages).
* Use of bench top tools for troubleshooting and analysis (DMMs, power supplies, etc).
* Capture manufacturing/test data and generate reports Have executed IQ/OQ on production equipment for GMP Able to travel 10-25% to offsite vendors for production and test builds.
* Creative problem solving and conduct failure analysis and identify critical components.
* Recognized for being well organized and self-directed with strong interpersonal skills and with an ability to communicate to people at all levels of the organization and lead with influence.
* Proactive, forward-thinking, and creative with high ethical standards and a team player with leadership skills and ability to influence others to achieve successful outcomes and meet timelines.
* Energetic individual with can-do attitude and demonstrated team player.
* Ability to handle multiple project and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to function efficiently, effectively, and at times independently in a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Strong team player aligned with Progenity Corporate Values.