Regional Cultural Instructor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Prescient Edge is seeking a Regional/Cultural Instructor (GS-12 Equivalent) to support a Federal government client. As a Regional/Cultural Instructor, you will:
* Provide regional and culture instruction on cross-cultural/intercultural competency, country specific, and/or training of the entire Area of Responsibility (AOR) of a Geographic Combatant Command (GCC).
* Integrate technology in the classroom and in homework assignments employing resources such as Smart Boards, Blackboard, Rapid Rote, and SharePoint, the Internet, iPods, and Tablet PCs provided by the Government.
* Grade oral presentations and extensive research papers and evaluate writing skills, grammar, analytical capabilities, and overall research ability.
Please note that the availability of this position is contingent upon contract award.
At Prescient Edge, we believe that acting with integrity and serving our employees is the key to everyone's success. To that end, we provide employees with a best in class benefits package that includes:
* A competitive salary with performance bonus opportunities.
* Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including medical, vision, dental, and orthodontia coverage.
* A substantial retirement plan with no vesting schedule.
* Career development opportunities, including on-the-job training, tuition reimbursement, and networking.
* A positive work environment where employees are respected, supported, and engaged.
* Require secret clearance unless otherwise stated in the individual task order.
* Instructors shall meet all qualification, education, and experience levels and be effective using learner-centered strategies for adult learners.
* This includes qualification or competence in the following areas:
* Classroom management, developing lesson plans, integrating Transparent Language CL-150 into curriculum, and use of supplemental materials.
* Qualified on use of PC-based computers, Windows Explorer, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), installing and enabling foreign fonts, and common media players (e.g. Windows Media Player, Real Player, common PC driven projectors, SMART Boards, etc.) as they relate to modern REC instruction.
Target Language Qualifications
* Language proficiency is not required to teach Regional Studies unless specified in the Task Order
* It will be considered preferable in that language proficiency enables the instructor to use authentic materials written in the target language.
English Language Qualifications
* Completed formal study of the English Language and achieved the score indicated on any of the below:
1) At least proficiency level 3 as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language.
2) A score of no less than 82 on the English Comprehension Level (ECL) test.
3) At least a proficiency level 3 or Superior (ACTFL) on an OPI.
* At least a master's degree with at least 18 under-graduate semester credit hours
* 18 graduate semester hours directly related to the target region in foreign area studies, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, economics, history, political science, language(s) of the target region, sociology, or other relevant topics to be approved by the Government.
* At least 1 year (at least 3 months within the last 2 years) of experience living in the target region on the local economy engaged in work or studies, not in a U.S. compound.
* At least 2 years' experience teaching regional studies to undergraduate or higher learners.
* Have at least assisted in developing curricula and teaching materials related to the target region at the undergraduate levels.
* Has enough knowledge of the area to make judgments about it and back them up with arguments.
* Presents overviews or focused classes based on area of specialization.
* Knowledge comes from a combination of education, military experience, area studies courses, in-country assignments, travel, mentoring, or specialized professional experience.
* This knowledge is equivalent to a Level 3 (Professional) as defined in DODI 5160.70 and CJCSI 3126.01A. Military experience may be required in individual task orders.
Prescient Edge is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) founded as a counterintelligence (CI)/ Human Intelligence (HUMINT) company in 2008. It is a global operations and solutions integrator delivering full-spectrum intelligence analysis support, training, security, and technology R&D support solutions to the Department of Defense (DoD) and Throughout the Intelligence Community (IC).