REC Instructional Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Prescient Edge is seeking a REC Instructional Developer (GS-12 Equivalent) to support a Federal government client. As a REC Instructional Developer, you will:
* Assess organizational language training needs and recommend optimal solutions based on the nature of the training requirements, the available resources as articulated by Government, and the time available.
* Work alone or as the lead for an integrated team of developers, instructors, and technologists.
* Develop detailed plans with milestones, manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensure robust communications with all stakeholders are maintained, and meet deadlines.
* Develop synchronous, asynchronous, and blended training solutions.
* Implement some solutions within an LMS and other solutions in traditional or analog formats.
Please note that the availability of this position is contingent upon contract award.
At Prescient Edge, we believe that acting with integrity and serving our employees is the key to everyone's success. To that end, we provide employees with a best in class benefits package that includes:
* A competitive salary with performance bonus opportunities.
* Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including medical, vision, dental, and orthodontia coverage.
* A substantial retirement plan with no vesting schedule.
* Career development opportunities, including on-the-job training, tuition reimbursement, and networking.
* A positive work environment where employees are respected, supported, and engaged.
* The REC Instructional Developer normally does not require security clearance unless otherwise stated in the individual task order.
English Language Qualifications
* Proficiency will be demonstrated by one of the following:
1) At least proficiency level 3 as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language.
2) A score of no less than 82 on the English Comprehension Level (ECL) test.
3) At least a proficiency level 3 or Superior (ACTFL) on an OPI.
* Completed formal study of the English Language and achieved the score indicated on any of the below:
Target Language Qualifications
* Language proficiency is not required unless specified in the Task Order, but it will be considered preferable in that language proficiency enables the instructor to use authentic materials written in the target language.
Minimum Mandatory Training Development Experience
* Must have experience using or administering an LMS
* Must have conducted needs assessments using a variety of assessment methods
* Must have designed and developed synchronous and asynchronous learning, developing blended learning solutions, developing project plans, managing multiple projects, meeting project deadlines, communicating with stakeholders, and working in a team environment.
* At least a master's degree with at least
* 18 under-graduate semester credit hours and
* 24 graduate semester hours directly related to the target region in foreign area studies, international relations, anthropology, economics, history, political science, language(s) of the target region, sociology, or other relevant topics to be approved by the Government.
* At least 4 years' (at least 3 months within the last 2 years) of experience living in the target region on the local economy engaged in work or studies, not in a U.S. compound.
* At least 2 years' experience teaching regional studies to graduate or higher learners.
* The Instructor shall have developed curricula and teaching materials related to the target region for courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
* This deeper knowledge is equivalent to a Level 4 (Senior Professional) as defined in Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 5160.70 and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction (CJCSI) 3126.01A.
* Can create and defend novel viewpoints regarding the subject matter; knows the pros and cons of these viewpoints.
* Military experience may be required in individual task orders.
Prescient Edge is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) founded as a counterintelligence (CI)/ Human Intelligence (HUMINT) company in 2008. It is a global operations and solutions integrator delivering full-spectrum intelligence analysis support, training, security, and technology R&D support solutions to the Department of Defense (DoD) and Throughout the Intelligence Community (IC).