Associate Scientist / Scientist - GMP , Pilot Plant , Small Molecule
Employment Type: Full-Time
In labs and health care facilities worldwide - HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As an Associate Scientist / Scientist, you will support the client clinical manufacturing facility that prepares small molecule drug substance for Phase I clinical trials. You will set up, maintain, and clean equipment used in the scale-up of chemistry processes.
Additional responsibilities for the role on site at a major biotechnology company:
* Maintain inventories of supplies, spare parts, and GMP raw materials
* Dispose of hazardous waste appropriately
* Provide accurate GMP documentation
* Maintain lab cleanliness
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
* Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Scientist level : BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocation qualification and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Candidates must have good theoretical knowledge of chemistry and/or organic chemistry.
* Mechanical aptitude in assembling/disassembling small equipment is essential.
* Must be capable of standing, lifting, kneeling, bending, etc. for extended periods of time.
* Previous GMP experience is strongly preferred.
* Knowledfe and Familiarity with reactors and filtration systems a plus
* Capable of communicating effectively with equipment vendors without much oversight
* Capable of setting daily priorities for work in the lab
* Technical ability to take on small independent projects, such as establishing temperature feedback
* Critical thinking skills to support quality decision making
* Detail orientation and compliant with procedures and policies
* Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a stressful environment are desirable.
* Attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
* Time management and project management skills
* Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
* Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
* Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
* Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
* Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
* Able to work in non-traditional work environments
* Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
* May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
* Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
PPD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.
Keywords: cGMP, 'Small Molecule', 'Drug Substance', API, 'Clinical Manufacturing', Chemistry, Chemical, SOP, 'pilot plant', 'research associate' , GMP, production, operator, 'lab technician'