Employment Type: Full-Time
Why not work for an INDUSTRY LEADER?
POOLCORP is the world's leading distributor of outdoor living products. We operate in more than 350 Sales Centers with nearly 3,500 employees who proudly service the needs of our customers. Our company strives to employ only the best CDL and Delivery Drivers, Warehouse Associates and Inside Sales Representatives as well as Sales Center Managers and Operations Managers.
Because it's a place where you can grow! At POOLCORP you'll find plenty of excellent career advancement and training opportunities to support your career growth. And, our generous compensation and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401 (k), EAP, and discounts specifically offered to POOL employees. During busy seasons, we also offer performance bonuses. And finally, our family-oriented, hometown culture is supported by a stable, large corporate enterprise - giving you the best of all worlds.
So, end your job search here - at POOLCORP - Where Outdoor Living Comes to Life!
Location: SCP Distributors 071 - 151 West Providencia Avenue Burbank, CA 91502
The Yardman is responsible for the maintenance of storage yards and related facilities, including such duties as manually loading and unloading materials, operating mechanical loading equipment, preparing materials, etc.
* Pulls, fills and sets up orders for customer pickup according to customer sales invoice. No exchange of items is permitted without customer invoice as proof of purchase.
* Insures proper exchange of deposit cases according to sales invoice copy.
* Notifies supervisor or management whenever there is a discrepancy between a customer's sales invoice and the actual exchange of products.
* Prohibits customers from pulling their own order of items staged in the yard area or inside the warehouse regardless of convenience. All customers must wait to be helped by yard attendant.
* Maintains yard area by keeping all products stocked in their assigned area, picks up and empties trash as needed and keeps chemicals separated as specified by class according safety and fire authority requirements.
* Assists in loading customer vehicles either by hand or with the aid of a forklift.
* Receives shipments of UPS and FedEx. Notifies warehouse associates of all shipments received.
* Communicates positively with supervisors, sales staff, fellow workers and customers to coordinate deliveries/pick-up.
* Moves all inventory into allocated spaces in the yard area at the start of the work day and back into the warehouse at the end of the work day.
* Operates a forklift safely and efficiently, maintains required certification, performs vehicle safety checks and reports discrepancies to supervisor.
* Processes returns accurately.
* Attends product knowledge meetings as required by management.
* Assists in keeping facility secure. Ensures all equipment is stored at end of day and all doors and gates are secured.
* Maintains proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Prior experience in distribution or warehousing preferred.
* Ability to maneuver heavy objects, some weighing up to 100 pounds.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Prior forklift experience.
* Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.