Class C Local Delivery HazMat Truck Driver
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ready to drive down the road to success? Join a multibillion-dollar team right in your own backyard!
WHO ARE WE?
POOLCORP is the world's leading distributor of outdoor living products. With more than 390 Sales Centers and nearly 5,000 employees, we proudly provide unparalleled service to our 120,000+ customers.
WHAT DRIVES US?
BEING AN EMPLOYER OF CHOICE. We pride ourselves on being the best of the best in our industry. When describing POOLCORP's employees, our CEO, Pete Arvan, said 'We have a passion to grow and a passion to deliver on our commitments.' Simply put, we hire great people to deliver outstanding results.
WHY ARE WE THE BEST ON THE ROAD?
* Because you'll be home every night! - When we say, 'Local Deliveries Only', we mean that.
* Safety is #1- We have a responsibility to each other, our customers, and communities to focus on safety. Therefore, we enhance our Safety procedures on an ongoing basis to make sure our employees stay safe.
* No Deliveries? No Problem! - Sometimes weather doesn't cooperate. No matter if you have deliveries to make or not, you are guaranteed at least 40 hours per week.
* We celebrate you! - With 600+ Drivers, POOLCORP believes that safe driving and exceptional performance should be rewarded, so we do just that through bonuses to celebrate your success.
* You want Benefits? You've got it! Our generous compensation and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match.
So, end your job search here. Take the right turn and join our team today!
Location: Santa Barbara- New Location Coming Soon
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Hazmat Drivers make safe, complete, accurate and on-time deliveries to customers while complying with Department of Transportation (DOT) and other applicable regulations.
On a daily basis our drivers:
* Make deliveries using the most effective route to ensure orders are delivered on time.
* Load and unload the vehicle, ensuring that all products are properly secured, and hazardous material is separated appropriately.
* Collect payments and accurately document delivery.
* Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)).
* Complete pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and inform supervisor of any maintenance needed.
* Ensure the vehicle is clean, well-maintained, and presentable on a daily basis.
* Increase job and product knowledge on an ongoing basis.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To drive for POOLCORP you need:
* To be at least 21 years old.
* A valid commercial driver's license, with HAZMAT endorsement.
* A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) indicating no more than 3 violations in the past 3 years.
* The ability to maneuver heavy objects that can weigh up to 100 pounds.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* To carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
* Familiarity with PCs and other material handling equipment (preferred).
* Moffett, Skelly or Air Brake experience a plus!
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
DRIVER HOTLINE! If you would like to speak directly with one of our Driver Recruiters about a job opening, please call 844-367-7665 (844-FOR-POOL).
To apply, email email@example.com