IT / Cloud Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Platform9 Systems, Inc. is the leading Managed Kubernetes provider for hybrid and edge clouds. With a mission to enable freedom in cloud computing, the company delivers cloud-native technologies with SaaS simplicity that are easy to operate and scale, while supporting broad cloud capabilities that run on any infrastructure. The company's SaaS management model has been proven to eliminate management complexity and costs through automated cluster upgrades, security patches, and fully-managed monitoring and troubleshooting across multiple points of presence, edge sites, and data centers with guaranteed SLAs. Headquartered in Mountain View, CA, Platform9 clients include enterprises such as Starbucks, Redfin, Kingfisher Retail, Cloudera, Juniper Networks and Mavenir.
We are looking for an awesome IT/Cloud Lead to own our IT roadmap and execution. At Platform9 you will have the opportunity to work on infrastructure that will help us build and deploy our software quickly, securely and repeatably. The person hired for this role will build the foundation for how we manage our infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that's building a platform for engineers like you to manage large private clouds. This role is crucial to the next phase of growth for the company.
* A passion for documentation and automation. We have a strong culture of replacing manual processes with repeatable automation
* Experience with Linux administration (CentOS and Ubuntu preferred)
* Broad understanding of and experience with managing AWS/public cloud infrastructure.
* Able to put in place basic IT best practices like procuring hardware, user provisioning/management and configuration management
* Experience with managing and optmizing infrastructure spending and tracking OKRs or similar metrics.
* Familiarity with configuration and management of Layer 2/Layer 3 physical network infrastructure
* Practical experience implementing or leading compliance initiatives like PCI/SOC 2
* Familiarity in network management, DNS management, switch configuration, VLAN, security and best practices, VPN, etc.
* Familiarity with one or more scripting languages
* A positive attitude and an ability to work with multiple competing demands on your time
Skills that will give you an edge:
* Knowledge of OpenStack, KVM, VMware or Docker is highly desirable
* Configuration Management using Salt, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
* Experience with cloud computing infrastructure and automation: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, boto, etc.
* Best practices with disaster recovery: backup and recovery, snapshots, always-up systems
* Comfortable with industry standard practices related to security
* Experience with alerting systems, monitoring tools and performance metric-gathering tools
To succeed in this role you'll need to be a team player with a strong sense of ownership for your work and a passion for working in a data driven organization.
Platform9 Core Values
C Customer Obsession
O Ownership with OKRs
R Radical Candor
E Excellence in What We Do