Employment Type: Full-Time
Process Development technician needed for setup and qualification of a medical device catheter line.
1) Can you please confirm your top 3 skills sets required?
* Experience setting up and IQing process/manufacturing equipment
* Process development/characterization experience (e.g. DOEs) with medical device catheter processes (adhesive bonds, thermal bonds, spot welds, etc.)
* Experience with optimizing workflows and mistake proofing
2) What is your target years of experience? 4-10 years
3) When do you plan to start interviewing? February
4) Will you be looking to hire and start ASAP or will this be delayed due to COVID? If ASAP, will the contingent worker be starting work remote or onsite? ASAP, likely early / mid-March. Initial work will be remote. This will transition to on-site as equipment becomes available and site access restrictions ease.
Primary skills needed;
* technical skills related to medical device catheter processing
* experience setting up and IQing process/manufacturing equipment
* experience setting up catheter medical device production lines
* experience with optimizing workflows and mistake proofing
* experienced and knowledgeable with performing DOEs
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned. Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas. Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems. Works from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions. Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format. Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
TECHNICIAN SUPPORT CAREER STREAM: Provides technical support in areas such as production, operations, maintenance, safety, testing, process improvement or product development. Uses schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment or systems. Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures, and performs detailed mathematical calculations. For higher levels, may suggest and/or make improvements to optimize work processes.
Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor, working under limited supervision, and providing assistance and training to lower level employees. Runs minor projects, including performing tests, interpreting data, developing reports.
Organizational Impact: Performs technical activities requiring considerable judgment and may have ownership of minor projects. Work consists of technical tasks that are typically not routine.
Innovation and Complexity: Technical problems faced are general, and may require some analysis to understand and resolve. Expected to independently propose solutions to problems for supervisor review.
Communication and Influence: Communicates typically with internal contacts . Obtains and provides technical information on matters of moderate importance to the job area.
Leadership and Talent Management: Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires complete and broad knowledge of operational systems, techniques and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education. Requires minimum of 4 years of relevant experience; may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience.