Senior Research Associate, Cancer Biology
Employment Type: Full-Time
This is an early stage biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of small molecules stabilizing the interaction between adaptor proteins and their disease-promoting client proteins. Our academic founders are the world leaders in this novel approach and launched the company with a mission to provide new therapies for unmet needs in oncology. This role is an opportunity to join San Francisco-based company as an early employee, bringing your scientific talent and passion to build the company.
The Role: Senior Research Associate, Cancer Biology. The successful candidate will have an integral role in the planning and conduct of experiments that support drug discovery efforts including:
* Conduct research to evaluate therapeutic hypotheses for candidate drug targets
* Design and develop cell-based assays for compound activity and selectivity
* Lead the screening of compounds for activity in cellular assays
* Design and conduct experiments to assess drug candidate mechanism of action
* Evaluate activity of drug candidates in translational models of cancer
* Analyze, organize, interpret and present experimental data
* Collaborate and interact with colleagues in design and conduct of experimental series
* Maintain clear and up-to-date experimental records and prepare study reports
* May train and /or supervise Research Associates, interns, and other laboratory personnel
Senior Research Associate applicants should have the following qualifications:
* BS or MS in biology, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or a related field
* Minimum 5 years of experience in cancer research or drug discovery in a biotech industry setting
* Demonstrated technical proficiency in mammalian cell culture and molecular cell biology
* Experience with cell-based assays to measure viability, proliferation, activation, differentiation, signaling, and apoptosis.
* Experience with transient transfection, Western blot, and analysis of gene expression.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
* Excellent record keeping and organizational skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage time efficiently
* Flexibility within a fast-moving start up environment
* Collaborative, positive and team-oriented outlook