Lipid Nanoparticle Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
The successful candidate will design, manufacture and characterize lipid nanoparticles for the delivery of nucleic acids as well as other novel nanoparticle-based drug delivery formulations containing small molecules, RNA, DNA and proteins. The work is multi-functional and includes formulation design, analytical methods development, physical characterization, experimental design, sample analysis and interpretation of results. The candidate with be expected to bring prior experience in the field and interact closely with other researchers in the design of lipid nanoparticle delivery formulations. This is a hands-on, laboratory-based role in a highly collaborative early development environment.
1. Must have experience with lipid nanoparticle delivery of RNA or DNA for transfection to mammalian cells or in-vivo models.
2. Must have experience in nanoparticle formulation and nanoparticle drug delivery.
3. Must have experience in development of methods to analyze and characterize nanoparticle formulations, components and functionality.
4. Background in the biology of gene transfection and expression is a plus.
5. Experience and technical proficiency with HPLC and other methods for analysis and quantification of small molecules, DNA and proteins is preferred.
6. Previous experience and technical proficiency in the physical characterization of nanoparticles, including particle sizing is a plus.
7. Familiarity with lab-scale nanoparticle preparation techniques, including microfluidics technology, is preferred.
8. Experience with alternate pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies homogenization, lyophilization, micronization, etc. is a plus.
9. Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and problem solving skills.
10. Ability to document work and proven record of scientific technical writing.
Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or closely-related discipline with an emphasis in delivery of nucleic acids. M.S. or B.S. in similar fields acceptable with a minimum of 6+ years of relevant industrial experience.