Data Science Manager - Credit & Fraud
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Credit & Fraud Data Science team builds state-of-the-art machine learning and analytics solutions to support Plaid's payments and lending product initiatives, to improve how millions of users understand and grow their financial lives.
You will lead the Credit & Fraud Data Science team, working with cross-functional engineering and product partners to build machine learning and analytics solutions at scale for payments and lending products. You will support a strong team of experienced data scientists, and you will help hire and grow that team to tackle new data science opportunities.
What Excites You
* Passionate about applying Machine Learning to real-world problems, especially around payments and lending applications
* Collaborating closely with cross-functional engineering and product partners to launch new financial products
* Championing a data-first approach toward decision-making across the entire organization
* Building a great team culture and instilling the team with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
What Excites Us
* 2+ years of data science management experience, with 4+ years as a data scientist.
* Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their applications in an industry setting
* Strong understanding of various statistical techniques and experimentation analysis workflows
* A problem-solving mindset and a willingness to step outside your lane when needed
* Background in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, or a closely related field
* Nice to have: experience in the payments or lending space