Employment Type: Full-Time
Pitfire Pizza seeks Commissary Executive Chef
We are a company of 7 uniquely designed, entrepreneurially managed wood fired pizza joints. We offer thoughtful, chef driven food at egalitarian prices. We curate seasonal menus and regularly 'change things up.' Hospitality, Food, Art and Community are in our DNA.
We are a growth company seeking a dedicated leader who would like to develop with us.
We seek an experienced Commissary Executive Chef to join the team. Qualified candidates will be passionate about food quality and product consistency, have experience managing a kitchen team (or combo FOH/BOH), and have the work ethic to get the job done right.
This person must be hands on, driven, and committed to upholding and enhancing our food standards. S/He/They must possess an owner's mentality when operating the business, a strong level of financial acumen, and excellent communication and organizational skills.
* 3-4 years previous chef or operations management experience in a quality, contemporary, full service or fast casual environment. Commissary management experience is a PLUS!
* Experience costing recipes, recipe input (chef tech or other), and excel is a PLUS
* Detail orientation- especially food quality, food safety and sanitation, and productivity
* Competence with POS, Excel, Word, Ctuit, Hot Schedules and concern for accuracy
* Ability to manage P&L Statements-problem solve and and course correct as needed
* Must have an active ServSafe Management Food Safety Certificate
* Must possess a Valid Driver's License and have comfort driving a 16' truck (occasionally)
* A flexible schedule is required. Early mornings, some nights, weekends and holidays required
* Competitive salary
* Competitive bonus incentives
* Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
* 401k retirement savings plan
* 2 weeks paid vacation in first year, 3 weeks after 3 years
* Work/Life Balance
* Company Dining Program
Pitfire is Equal Opportunity Employer
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Pitfire is Equal Opportunity Employer.