Employment Type: Full-Time
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It's where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you'll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You'll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We're looking for someone who's passionate about building the brand that inspires our global community of Pinners to do what they love. As a Digital Designer, you'll be responsible for crafting beautiful experiences within the Brand Creative Team at Pinterest. We pride ourselves in finding simplicity, structure and meaning in a complex and ever-evolving product ecosystem. On a day to day basis, you'll collaborate with an extraordinary team to design inspiring editorial content for Pinners and businesses while also driving new sign-ups. The work will focus on digital design and editorial art direction for web and email, combining an exquisite eye for detail with speed and efficiency. This is the perfect opportunity to help develop component systems within Pinterest as well as regularly shipping work to a global audience.
* For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio*
What you'll do:
* Work through complex design problems to create beautiful editorial solutions within the web, social and email space.
* Think and design laterally across key communications channels.
* Design at a systems level, where components can be re-used and built to scale, optimized across different screen sizes and devices.
* Single-handedly develop pixel-perfected graphic assets and images.
* Iterate quickly and communicate ideas across various levels of fidelity, with the ability to receive feedback constructively as well as provide feedback to other's work.
* Collaborate effectively with engineering teams, cross-functional partners (like Marketing, Insights, Analytics, and Product Design), as well as with Creative leadership.
What we're looking for:
* Minimum of 4+ years of industry experience.
* Demonstrable experience in concepting and delivering complex design solutions.
* Exceptional attention to detail. You master craft, composition, imagery, typography, iconography and color.
* Strong editorial design skills. You have an eye for photography selection and combining imagery.
* Talent for articulating ideas. You command the room when presenting your work to cross-functional teams and executives. You have excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
* Experience working quickly and efficiently. You are keeping up with the pace in a lightning-fast startup environment and have the ability to address and prioritize multiple projects at once.
* Fluency in Figma & Adobe Suite. After Effects skills are appreciated but not required.
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
* This is a temporary contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (PRO Unlimited) or by an agency supplier partner, and not an employee of Pinterest.
* All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, PRO Unlimited or the agency supplier partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.