Senior Developer - Backend Systems / Java / Scala
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Java / Scala Developer
At new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and
customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
We are looking for a top notch Lead Developer for our backend platform that supports the Today at solution for retail stores. This person brings a
deep understanding and genuine passion for software development, best practices and keen focus on the customer.
This role is critical in the evolution of brand by working with the team
taking to the next phase of its evolution.
* Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience and 5 with backend and frontend development teams working on complex development projects
* In-depth knowledge and experience designing and developing scalable webbased tools using Scala and/or Java
* Demonstrated background developing backend solutions for dynamic web sites - how they scale, how they work with other services, and how they may break
* Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
* Ability to size technical efforts accurately
* A focus on quality with experience writing unit tests and collaborating with quality engineering to develop test plans
* Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams
diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in triaging and repairing build, deployment and operational issues
* Knowledge of Linux stack and comfort with Bash commands
* Experience with web application security and incorporating security into the software development lifecycle
* Familiar with database architecture (e.g SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, FoundationDB, Postgres) scalability, performance and tuning techniques
* In depth knowledge of source version control software (Subversion, Git)
* Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps
responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring,
reliability and scalability
* Preferred experience with Docker, configuration management systems, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like Splunk
* Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems
* Proven capabilities to work under pressure and tight deadlines to solve
* Knowledge of JVM internals and HTTP with deep expertise in REST and RESTful APIs.
* Experience with Atlassian Jira, Wiki
* Knowledge of Scala coding standards and practices and familiarity with Type level libraries and Akka HTTP
* Apache Spark and GraphQL are pluses