2022 SIP Client Data Science Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Client Data Science Analyst, US
POSITIONS ARE LOCATED IN NEW YORK CITY, NEWPORT BEACH, CA OR AUSTIN, TX
SEE YOURSELF AS A CLIENT DATA SCIENCE ANALYST:
Data Science internship opportunities at PIMCO occur within multiple departments. On the technology team, you'll building tools and platforms to help portfolio managers leverage and analyze massive data sets to manage risk or search for alpha for clients. On the Client Solutions and Analytics team, you will focus on analyzing client data to create insights that bring investment ideas to clients. These are just two examples outlining the differences between departments.
You will work with a dynamic, global, growing market leader in a small fun group. Throughout the course of the summer, you'll have a high level of exposure to the investment management business and will work with cutting edge technologies on new solutions.
THE PIMCO INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- WANT TO LEARN MORE? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
HOW YOU SHOULD APPLY:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers