Expert Security Solutions Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition ID # 100975
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
The PG&E Cybersecurity organization is a dynamic group of security professionals, working to protect our critical assets, highest risks, adapting and growing to meet the challenges from ever-evolving adversaries. The Cybersecurity Architecture & Engineering (CARE) Team is an integral part of the Cybersecurity Risk, Strategy & Implementation Organization in Cybersecurity. The Security Solution Architects and Engineers that are part of the CARE team work closely with Cybersecurity PMO, Risk Management and Cybersecurity Operations team to provide architecture design and implementation services. They intake functional & non-functional requirements; evaluate various solution or design options, document solution blueprint, and implementation steps. They ensure that the solution implemented meets our security standards and regulatory requirements.
The Expert Security Solution Architecture (SA) leads all technical aspects of Cybersecurity Technology projects. The Expert Security Solution Architect uses expertise in multiple technical areas to document the technology solutions that meet the business needs of PG&E. The technical documents ensure requirements are met in an efficient, sustainable, and adaptable manner.
The Expert Security Solution Architect operates across organizational and computing areas driving efficient, standards-based architecture supporting PG&E business goals. The successful candidate will deliver solution blueprints that include the conceptual, logical, and physical layers of the process, application, information, integration, security, and infrastructure views of the architecture. Partnering with Cybersecurity Project and Program Managers, the Security Solution Architect is the primary technical decision makers on projects. Overall risk mitigation and total cost of ownership are managed from an enterprise standpoint.
The Expert Security Solution Architects have accountability and responsibility for solutions that are of complex scope and with significant risk and high impact across multiple functions. They work autonomously. They address complex problems that span functions and may manage projects or initiatives that are high complexity and risk. They provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to non-architect technical staff of lesser experience.
The position will work remotely within the PG&E service territory for the remainder of this year. Once a return to the office is identified, the work location is flexible and can work from Sacramento, San Ramon, or Oakland offices should a business need require you to come in on selected days.
Role and Job Responsibilities:
Solution Design and Road mapping:
* Works in partnership with a Cybersecurity project manager to orchestrate the architecture design and is accountable for the overall technical quality of solutions. Follows the Cybersecurity & IT Methodology, producing, contributing to, and providing signoffs on deliverables as defined.
Future State Planning and Road mapping:
* Works with Cybersecurity Domain Architects (Cybersecurity Technology Architects) to contribute to planning and road mapping activities.
Standards and Governance:
* Participates in the governance processes as defined by the PG&E Cybersecurity architecture practice
Capabilities Assessment and Technology Oversight:
* Partners with the Cybersecurity Domain Architects (Cybersecurity Technical Architects) in the health evaluation of the technology within the architect's focus area and assists in the development of improvement plans for their area of focus
* Follows the PG&E Cybersecurity Architecture Practice.
* Leads communities within the practice.
* Mentors other architects.
* Able to engage and influence partners to develop the best solutions
* Own the outcome; Able to manage expectations; strive for overall IT success; take the initiative; administrative excellence
* Great insights and judgment skills; courage to share unpopular viewpoints; comfort with ambiguity
* Ability to apply multi-disciplinary approach to develop best-of-breed portfolio solutions
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field
* 7 years in Information Security
* 4 years of solution architecture and project implementation experience
* Proficient in the Cybersecurity Solution Architecture discipline, processes, concepts, and best practices
* Exposure to a process improvement discipline (e.g. Six Sigma) used within a technology supported business process implementation
* Security Certification desired - CISSP, CEH, CISA, Security+ etc
* Experience in deploying security centric applications and or infrastructure in a production environment
* In-depth hands-on experience in any two of the following areas - Cloud Security, Application Security, Network security, OT Security, and Identity & Access Management
* Experience in partnering with various Business, IT Stakeholders taking functional, non-functional requirements, designing Security Architecture Blueprints and related project documentation
* Clear and concise communications skills
* Ability to work independent and lead project efforts
* Ability to engage and collaborate with Cybersecurity, IT, and business leadership.
* Demonstrates thought leadership in area of expertise
* Influence outcomes through expertise and analysis
* Excellent stakeholder interaction: collaborative, able to work cross-functionally; possessing the ability to forge relationships and partner effectively