ThinkBIG Technician Trainee
Employment Type: Full-Time
Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers' first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee's hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 85 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson's strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Peterson Cat is now accepting applications for our Heavy Equipment and EPG Technician training program called ThinkBIG. The ThinkBIG program is two years in length and a new class of students starts every Fall.
The ThinkBIG program teaches students how to service Cat equipment using cutting-edge diagnostic and maintenance systems, advanced technologies and high-tech tools. ThinkBIG combines classroom work with hands-on learning in the field and in state-of-the-art labs, so students see technologies in real-world applications-solving problems and helping Caterpillar customers get their jobs done.
The program devotes approximately half of the time to technical/academic education at a partner college where students are required to go to school full-time forty weeks in total, broken up in five sessions that are eight weeks in length. The remaining time in the program is spent receiving hands-on training at a home store.
Specific duties include the following:
* Apply learning principles from school rotation in the workplace.
* Rotate through different shops to gain experience in several service environments.
* Assist with pre-delivery setup and installation on all makes and models of Caterpillar equipment and allied products.
* Assist with repair, replace or rebuild engines, transmissions, fuel systems, final drives, steering clutches, cross-shafts, hydraulic components including pumps, motors, valves, and all related components, electrical and air systems.
* Learn to write service reports that accurately document activities.
* Learn to prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and timecards in an accurate and timely manner to enable other employees to do their job in a timely manner.
* Follow manufacturer and company service guidelines and procedures to ensure quality work and to preserve and document component failure information for accurate failure analysis.
* Maintain punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
A candidate for the opening needs a High School diploma or GED and a mechanical aptitude. A candidate needs to be able to go to school full-time for five eight-week sessions during the program.
Peterson Holding Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.