Employment Type: Full-Time
PetersenDean Inc. is one of the largest independent roofing and solar companies in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems for homeowners, commercial customers and home builders. Founded more than 30 years ago on the belief that good roofs are built by good people, we continue to take pride in every roof we build today. Our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
The Service Technician will provide professional site surveying services to obtain and communicate the necessary project information to the Solar design team for the preparation of permit ready documents needed to facilitate the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. Primary external interface and communication will be with solar potential customers.
* Be able to follow a preset daily job schedule
* Be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with customers during the final face to face greeting of final completion of system or customer service calls
* Be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with City Inspectors
* Be able to handle tools and equipment including measuring devices, hand tools, ladders, protective equipment, etc.
* Document the project site with photos using a company provided digital camera and a smart phone application
* Troubleshoot necessary tasks onsite when needed
* Upload homeowners Wi-Fi system to install SMA, Fronius and Envoy systems using a company provided laptop
* Provide and maintain a current, valid driver's license and a clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle or personal vehicle for company use as necessary.
* Additional duties required as needed
* Electrician experience
* Excellent and effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
* Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
* Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
* Strong multi- tasking and organizational skills
Petersen-Dean, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors