Systems Engineer IV
Employment Type: Full-Time
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.Responsibilities
Join our team in Santa Clara, CA!
Perspecta is seeking Systems Engineers in support of the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) program, part of the Navy’s Tomahawk Missile program. Systems Engineers, using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
Perspecta develops several TMPC applications, providing support for tactical and training operations. Functions provided by these applications include: mission planning; data distribution; strike planning, rehearsal, and coordination; strike execution, monitoring, and control; strike reporting; and communications configuration and data management/delivery.
The primary focus of your role on the System Engineer is two-fold: to design new system capabilities through requirements analysis and customer feedback, and to ensure the as-built system meets the requirements through rigorous integration testing.
- For system requirements and design, you will work with our customers to understand the new system requirements, and document software behaviors that support our end users in such a ways to be clear to software developers, testers and our government customers.
- For system integration testing, you will execute end-to-end tests based on operational workflows. When capabilities have been developed and tested, Systems Engineers conduct demonstrations to the other Agile teams and external stakeholders to ensure the behaviors meet the requirements and expectations of our customers.
- Learn legacy TMPC system behavior with mentorship from senior Systems Engineers
- Learn program processes and procedures with mentorship from senior engineers
- Develop Software Requirement Specifications that describe system capabilities and behavior
- Support the Product Owner of the Agile team, and support the team where help is needed
- Understand TMPC hardware configurations and applications/capabilities for each configuration
- Contribute to the evolution of the team/project standards and conventions
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (e.g., Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up)
- Support our government and military partners in all aspects of the development cycle
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).