Manager, Customer Development, Southern CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Manager, Customer Development, Southern CA
Location: Remote within the market
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
At Pernod Ricard USA, we have accelerated and transformed our organization around experiences of conviviality, placing the consumer at the heart of our business model. The Customer Development Manager plays a critical role in our mission to leverage the power of the complete portfolio to beat the market, ensuring that our customers have the right spirit to match every moment of conviviality.
This Customer Development Manager will drive frontline business in top accounts within designated market and areas of responsibility. Serving as the key point of contact in large on-premise key accounts, this role leads customer-facing consultative selling, trade engagement, and consumer activation for the full PR (Pernod Ricard) portfolio. The successful candidate collaborates closely with local market leadership and acts as the connector between our portfolio of brands, the trade, and our consumers. This position is an innovator, continuously identifying and acting on novel opportunities in market for portfolio growth and increased brand visibility.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Customer Development.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Drive total portfolio penetration and velocity year-round by acting as a consultative advisor to designated on-premise accounts:
* Call on assigned accounts with regularly frequency and act as their main PR USA point of contact
* Lead customer meetings as a consultative partner through understanding their business processes, plans, needs and how the full PR portfolio can play in their outlet
* Execute monthly and quarterly programs per guidance from market's Sales Leadership; activate brand-specific programs based on key priority periods with trade & consumers, incl. samplings
* Drive menus / features year-round with channel-specific trade & consumer programming 50%
* Thoughtfully increase brand visibility with POS in key accounts
Create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and local trade within account universe and geographic area:
* Act as market liaison between PR USA brands and trade / consumers
* Maintain and grow a diverse trade network in assigned geographic area
* Work in collaboration with PR USA trade education partners (Brand Ambassadors, Master Sommelier, Mixology & Education) to drive trade education in support of broader PR brand building among the trade
* Maintain broad awareness of industry, on-premise channel, and category trends
* Collaborate with local Distributors to ensure customer follow-through and support
* Identify and act on new opportunities in market for portfolio growth opportunities
* Serve as a product knowledge expert for PRUSA brands across the full portfolio incl. upcoming innovations
Uphold responsibility for key administrative, financial, and operational tasks, including:
* Management of assigned portfolio / brand activation budgets and assigned T&E budgets
* Management of POS materials and preparation of POS orders in-time with POS cycles, in partnership with Commercial Planning & Operations team in the Division
* Support of PR USA and Distributor teams for essential distributor meetings
* Tracking of key customer and distributor meetings and deadlines for quarterly / annual plans
* Overseeing tracking of activation-oriented budgets and spend within limits
The role requires a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as the ability to influence others. Individual must have a strong ability to collaborate effectively across functions with passion, charisma, and enthusiasm. The role requires the incumbent to be data driven and analytically savvy.
* Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Experience / Background: Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in relevant sales capacity, preferably in alcohol beverage or consumer goods industry.
* Travel: This position may travel up to 30% of the time.
* Schedule Flexibility: Able to work evenings and weekends as required by account universe.
* Strong relationship-building skills with internal and external partners; effectively serve as the lead in account relationship management and selling for target accounts.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong financial and business acumen; understanding of market dynamics, sub-channels, customers, distributors, and market-specific legal requirements.
* Ability to anticipate needs of key customers and distributor partners; deliver proactively against their needs.
* Strong proficiency in problem solving, prioritization, and the ability to multitask in a rapid-changing environment.
* Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Flexile and able to adapt with agility.
* Effective budget management capabilities.
* Growth Mindset: Strategic mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
* Consumer Centricity: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Drive Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
* Deliver through collaboration: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
* Bold and Agile: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder; courageous; strong decision-making ability that keeps the organization moving forward.
* Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging to help them meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: