Driver Recruiter- HUDD
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Summary: The Driver Recruiter will be responsible for the recruitment of qualified company drivers and establish a pipeline for sufficient future driver demands. This individual will communicate with prospective drivers in order to recruit, select and hire qualified applicants. Must personify customer service and partnership by engaging all key stakeholders throughout the recruitment lifecycle in order to execute the most effective recruiting strategy and drive a flow of candidates for the selected regions.
* Conduct day-to-day recruiting activities, follow recruiting processes and act as a resource on all points of the recruitment cycle.
* Creatively source and develop a pool of qualified driver applicants through the use of traditional and non-traditional techniques including social media channels, cold-calling/direct sourcing, networking, job fairs, employment agencies, internet searches, postings, etc.
* Actively visit and recruit at truck rest stops, fueling stations, maintenance shops, truck parts shops, eateries, or locations where drivers typically visit.
* Answer incoming calls, make outgoing calls and respond to leads.
* Communicate our driver opportunities to prospective candidates.
* Maintain an accurate recruiting status log and provide daily status updates with respect to potential driver candidates.
* Determine driver qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
* Work with Safety Department to ensure all required application files are obtained and submitted.
* Position is full-time and on-site.
* Driver recruiter experience required.
* Minimum 2 years' experience in sourcing, recruiting, interviewing and contracting Owner Operators and/or Company Drivers in a corporate environment.
* Experience in Drayage recruiting preferred.
* High School Diploma/GED-Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Proven success in using creative sourcing techniques to produce diverse, quality, potential candidate pools.
* Strong engagement and partnership skills and the ability to both understand and deliver to the recruitment needs.
* Solid knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to recruitment.
* Understanding of DOT Rules and Regulations.
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Meets deadlines, makes decisions promptly and effectively communicates with others.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Professional demeanor to represent our company well to candidates.