Scientist/Associate Scientist, Downstream Process Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Avid Bioservices Inc., located in Tustin CA, is a dedicated contract development and manufacturing organization ('CDMO') focused on development and CGMP manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals products derived from mammalian cell culture. Avid provides a comprehensive range of process development, high quality CGMP clinical and commercial manufacturing services for the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries. With over 28 years of experience producing monoclonal antibodies, enzymes, and recombinant proteins in batch, fed-batch, and perfusion modes, Avid's services include CGMP clinical and commercial product manufacturing, purification, release and stability testing as well as regulatory strategy, submission and support. Avid also provides a variety of process development activities, including cell culture and feed optimization, analytical methods development, and product characterization.
We are dedicated to the improvement of global patient outcomes by delivering world-class services. Our expertise enables us to partner with our customers to advance their products from clinical development to commercial launch. Do you possess the skills and expertise below to improve patient lives and support patient innovative therapies? If so, apply today!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We are continuing to interview and hire during this time. Avid Bioservices' is committed to caring for the safety and well-being of applicants and employees; all interviews will be completed over the phone or virtually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
* Applies established platform approaches and utilize problem-solving skills to rapidly solve day- to day experimental challenges
* Performs experiments at the bench scale, spanning the end- to end downstream drug substance process
* Applies fundamental scientific and engineering principles to purification processes in order to support process development and process characterization, evaluate process improvements and resolve potential processing issues
* Designs suitable experiments and analyzing results to draw meaningful conclusions
* Communicates work through oral presentations and written documentation including technical reports and GMP documents to support regulatory filings
* Participates in cross-functional teams and interact with representatives from Process Development, Project Management, Manufacturing, and Quality to arrive at and implement viable / practical solutions to support clinical/commercial manufacturing
* Provides scientific technical support for technology transfer of processes to manufacturing
* Demonstrates the desire to expand and develop skills in purification
* Utilizes out-of-the-box thinking to contribute to technology development
* Familiarity with design of experiments and statistical analysis of data
* May be the primary project contact with a client and must be articulate around the science and problem solving
* May supervise laboratory assistants or research associates but primarily would be single contributor
Education and Experience
* Master degree and minimum 2 years preferred 6 years of process development and/or similar experience
* Bachelor's degree and minimum of 4 years preferred 6 years of process development and/or similar experience
* Ph.D in the scientific area
Work Schedule and Hours
This role is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. unless otherwise stated by Supervisor. Any scientific staff member can expect work overtime, including during the weekends. In addition, the employee may be required to attend off-site seminars and conferences, as well as, off-site meetings with clients.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Avid Bioservices does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.