Temporary, Part-Time Instructor & Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
College of Alameda
College of Alameda's mission is to meet the educational needs of its multicultural and diverse community by providing excellent comprehensive and flexible programs including basic skills, transfer, and occupational, which will enable each student to achieve his/her own unique goals.
The College is California's only island-based community college and it offers both park-like tranquility and easy access to urban resources. Having served almost half a million day, evening and weekend students since its 1970 founding, College of Alameda enjoys a well-deserved reputation for excellence in its academic, vocational, and student support programs. The College of Alameda is proud of its strong ties to the City of Alameda and is recognized for its strong partnerships with the local business community.
Job Title Temporary, Part-Time Instructor & Coordinator (Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA) Time Base Temporary, as Needed Compensation Ranges $44.48 - $74.24/hr.Salary placement based on education, experience & other provisions outlined in District's agreement with Peralta Federation of Teachers. Benefits Information
The Peralta Community College District offers a number of voluntary fringe benefits to temporary, part-time faculty, including the ability to subscribe for medical and dental insurance in the District's group coverage program and sick leave under certain conditions.
Position Type Academic Department Atlas (255) Job Description Summary
The Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor/Coordinator teaches students how to perform basic patient care services directed at the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients through a combination of classroom lecture, and the coordination of hands-on clinical experience in a local long-term care facility. Responsibilities include maintaining a safe, comprehensive program, training students to safely and effectively care for patients; ensuring the readiness of classroom space for activities; teaching classroom and laboratory classes; evaluating and reporting of students' progress and laboratory performance; assigning students to clinical experience; creating and delivering lecture demonstrations; and ensuring smooth and safe operation of the teaching space.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Peralta Community College District invites applications for our Temporary, Part-Time Faculty pool in the following discipline:
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT & COORDINATOR
1. Associate's degree in Nursing and six years of related experience;
2. Bachelor's degree in Nursing and two years of related experience;
3. One (1) year of experience as a licensed nurse providing direct patient care in a long-term care facility;
4. One (1) year of experience planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs in nursing;
5. Two (2) years of full-time experience as a licensed vocational nurse or registered nurse with at least one year experience providing care and services to chronically ill or elderly patients in an acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, home care, hospice care, or other long-term care setting.
6. The successful applicant must meet the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Licensing and Certification Program, Aide and Technical Certification Program (ATCS), Training Program Review Unit (TPRU) approval guidelines.
In addition, the candidate must possess:
* An active California Registered Nursing License;
* A Director of Staff Development (DSD)/Instructor Certificate or equivalent prior to start; AND
* One year nursing experience as a licensed registered nurse within the last five years providing direct patient care in a acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, home care, hospice care, or other long-term care setting.
7. Applicant must have demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff, faculty, and students.
* RN License in the State of California;
* Previous experience teaching in a nursing assistant program;
* Ability to communicate effectively, in English, with a diverse population, both orally and in writing;
* Appreciation and respect for students and their role and responsibility in the learning process;
* Commitment to the philosophy and mission of the College of Alameda.
Environmental Demands Other Requirements
The minimum qualifications for academic disciplines taught in California Community Colleges to serve as a College Nurse are outlined in the document at this link: http://californiacommunitycolleges.cccco.edu/Portals/0/FlipBooks/2014_MQHandbook/#/0.
For non-Master's degree disciplines, please note that the District requires four years of experience with a Bachelor's degree and six years of experience with an Associate's degree.
Tools & Equipment Used Application Deadline Date Ongoing Open Date 09/27/2011
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* * How did you find out about the position?
* Asian Week
* California Community College Chancellor's Office website
* Career Builder
* Chronicle of Higher Education website
* Chronicle of Higher Education newspaper
* Community College Jobs Website
* Community College Times
* Diverse Issues in Higher Education
* El Mundo
* Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
* Job Fair, Conference or Workshop
* Local Newspaper (Oakland Tribune, SF Chronicle, ect)
* Oakland Post
* Peralta Jobs Website
* Walk-In (PCCD Office of Human Resources)
* Women in Higher Education
* Word of Mouth
* 24-Hour Job Line
* If you chose 'Other' as your answer for the above question, please provide details
(Open Ended Question)
* Training/Certification Document
* List of References
* Other Document
* Cover Letter
* Curriculum Vitae