Worldwide Logistics Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Global Logistics Manager is responsible for developing global strategies and executing plans for transportation, freight consolidation, freight forwarding programs and trade compliance. Expertise in global logistics, global fulfillment and reverse logistics operations, and talent development. The Global Logistics Manager will own strategic thinking, process design, and operational execution to deliver best-in-class global logistics and operations with proven experience in leading entire company logistics activities, global fulfillment operations in a fast-paced, hypergrowth environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serves as the primary contact for logistics related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
* Develops and manages the transportation systems for all products shipping globally for all inbound and outbound freight operations.
* Establishes and manages the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for global ocean, air, forwarding and courier contracts. Assists where needed in bidding out local ground/LTL/TL contracts.
* Manages the performance of international carriers and logistics intermediaries.
* Implements and maintains processes to handle daily transactions as necessary to ensure timely movement of products from origin to destination.
* Monitors, measures, and reports on global transportation and customs spend.
* Develops logistics and customs compliance strategies and processes as well as for entering new markets on a global basis.
* Responsible for Global Export/Import Compliance, CTPAT program preferred.
* Works with Sales and Supply Chain to identify and implement higher value-added and/or lower cost logistics approaches. Adopts innovative concepts which create faster or more reliable deliveries, or lower costs to our customers and vendors.
* Gathers information on global transportation news, trends, and events; ensures all appropriate personnel are informed and involved. Provides plan for strategic initiatives and actionable insights.
* Works across departmental lines to leverage, motivate and set leadership direction for direct reports and non-reports.
* Establishes, communicates and implements long-term goals for the department in order to promote cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
* Maintains company budget and streamline cost.
* Provides training, coaching and mentoring to direct reports and proactively monitor performance. Ensures growth and development plans are in place for all employees.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, or related field.
* Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in global transportation and global operations.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a leadership role in a corporate Logistics Operations organization.
* Knowledge of international supply chain processes, carriers, third party logistics companies, forwarders, couriers, and transportation performance measures.
* Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in logistics, warehousing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
* Strong negotiation, cost management and vendor management skills.
* Proven experience in building effective team and developing talent.
* Exemplary multitasking and organizational skills.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain both a proactive and positive attitude.
* Actively supports and complies with Pelican's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
* Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development, for approving the proposal of pay increases, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
* Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican's brand and reputation.
* Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
* Must be able to travel, nationally and internationally, as necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.