Employment Type: Full-Time
The Recruiter will perform full cycle recruiting for full time positions with an emphasis on sourcing top talent by performing research and utilizing proven best practices in the industry. This role will identify new, innovative and creative recruiting strategies to acquire talent for Pelican.
What You'll Do:
* Performs full cycle recruiting to include but not limited to sourcing, screening, administering assessments, qualifying candidates based on position requirements, interviewing, and formulating offers.
* Develops position-specific recruiting campaigns, creates and places employment advertisements, tracks progress of open positions, candidate management, and provides support to managers during the hiring process, orientation, and on-boarding for new employees.
* Coordinates and conducts phone, video and in-person interviews for hiring managers and leaders within the organization.
* Serves as talent advisor to coach, mentor and train hiring managers on recruiting plans, tools, and overall hiring efforts.
* Develops and implements strategies to build robust talent pipeline, produce target lists of active and passive candidates through research, cold calling, and networking; implements new practices and tools.
* Proactively identifies potential candidates and key hires by building and utilizing various sourcing plans and tools, including internet research, ATS, social media and newly introduced innovative strategies.
* Partners with managers and Human Resources to review, update and develop position-specific job descriptions, as needed.
* Provides weekly reports and metrics on recruiting activity; adheres to metrics, goals, and hiring objectives as assigned by manager.
* Ensures a positive candidate experience; follows up and solicits feedback from all candidates and recommends enhancements, as appropriate.
* Provides training to less experienced and new team members.
* Establishes trust and confidence by maintaining a high level of credibility, integrity, and skilled communications with HR Business Partners, hiring managers and candidates.
* Stays up to date and has a broad understanding of the external job market.
* Adheres to internal Pelican operational best practices to ensure legal compliance.
* Initiates and manages candidate assessment, background screening, reference checking and pre-employment testing process within legal and company guidelines.
* Champions internal referral and internship programs.
* Develops relationships with third party recruitment agencies and staffing firms, as appropriate, and acts as liaison with hiring managers.
* Coordinates and participates in recruitment events (job fairs, open houses, college recruitment initiatives).
* Ensures compliance with OFCCP regulations and EEO guidelines with respect to processes and practices and conducts outreach efforts in accordance with company's Affirmative Action Plan.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred.
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a full-cycle in house Corporate Recruiter within a similar organization of size and industry recruiting for various departments and positions ranging from entry level to senior leadership.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency in performing Boolean searches, passive recruitment, social media recruitment strategies and LinkedIn Recruiter.
* Proven ability to strategize and operate effectively in a high-volume corporate recruiting environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Well versed in utilizing various Applicant Tracking Systems and CRM's.
* Must have experience using and teaching behavioral based interviewing techniques.
* Ability to quickly change course as priorities shift or candidate relations fall through.
Bonus points for:
Strong understanding of OFCCP compliance.
Experience with SuccessFactors ATS.
Why Join Pelican? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
* Paid time off plans
* 401k plan - with a competitive match
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Established reputable brand offering premium products - you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
* On-Site Flu Shots - Free!
* Prime location - minutes away from the beach!
* Amazing employee discount program on Pelican Products
* Great Benefits - several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
* Wellness Discount Program
* Lucrative employee referral program - get paid to work with your trusted network.
* And more…
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.