Warehouse Distribution Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
The E-commerce Fulfillment Lead is a role model and leader responsible for exemplifying Peet's Vision, Mission, and Values to new and current Associates in the Roasting Plant and Distribution Center. The Lead achieves this in three primary ways. First, the E-Commerce Fulfillment Lead is accountable for the overall operations of a Peet's department, maintaining high standards and execution in the department. Second, the Lead coordinates and oversees the training for newly hired and continuing Associates. Third, the Lead acts as a change agent, setting an example and leading training that supports a change on systems or operations in the Roasting Plant and Distribution Center. This position reports to the Assistant Manager of E-Commerce Fulfillment.
What You Will Do
* On-going duty to fulfill the essential responsibilities of the Associate role.
* Maintain a work environment that serves as a model of adherence to Peet's standards.
* Willingness and flexibility to the changing needs and demands of the department and business.
* Effectively motivate, train and communicate with the warehouse team to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, cleanliness and overall execution of the business channel.
* Deliver and execute business initiatives as directed by the leadership team.
* Develop and enhance training tools for newly hired or promoted Associates on all necessary responsibilities of the department within the designated time and according to the standards.
* Delegate to all Associates on team where/when appropriate, using available resources to assist in the training and development of new Associates.
* Assign appropriate supplemental activities, tasks, and responsibilities as needed to develop the trainee's ability to perform at all levels of the department.
* Provide regular feedback and coaching to the new Associate on his/her performance, including recognition of positive performance and accomplishments as well as corrective feedback.
* Proactively communicate with the Assistant Manager regarding Associate's performance and work with the department.
* Ensure that all departmental targets as well as quality, execution and standards are met while delegating and prioritizing tasks and responsibilities to the department.
* Be a resource for all Associates.
* This job description captures the position's essential responsibilities. It is not intended to record all duties and expectations of the position as may be communicated and assigned by the Assistant Manager, as necessary.
Who You Are
* Must be 18 years old
* Ability to read and follow written instructions accurately in English
* Must be willing and able to work overtime as required, even on short notice
* Proficient in safety procedures
* Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
* Attention to detail & accuracy is required
* Must have or be able to be powered industrial truck (fork lift / electric pallet jack) certified
* A minimum of six months experience as a Peet's Associate with high job service standards.
* Demonstrated adherence to Peet's standards, policies, and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to multi task and prioritize.
* Demonstrated excellent communication and coaching skills.
Essential Physical Requirements:
* Continuous standing/walking in a warehouse environment throughout an 8 hour day or more
* Frequent push, pull, squat, bend and reach to stack, carry, lift and pick product throughout an 8 hour day or more
* Continuous lifting of 20 lbs, frequent lifting of 25-40 lbs and occasional lifting of 50 lbs or more
* Frequent stacking of pallets and totes (20-50 lbs) up to 6 feet fall
* Frequent lifting above the shoulders
* Frequent picking and packing of bags of coffee up to 3 lbs
* Person in this position must be available to work Irregular hours (weekends, nights, overtime, holidays ) to fulfill business needs
* Noise level in this warehouse environment is frequently loud
* A strong coffee scent is continuously present in this warehouse environment