Amazon Fulfillment Mgr
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
Peet's Coffee has entered an extremely exciting time of expansion and growth through new stores, new markets, in grocery, home delivery, digital platforms, and the evolution of our brand. While our enthusiastic customers have always been at the core of our mission, we also strive to welcome more people to the Peet's world of artisan coffee & tea.
We seek to offer the best coffees & teas in the world, without compromise. And believe that meticulous selectivity, artisan roasting, and our commitment to freshness make the difference you can taste. We still follow the traditional artisan practices that Alfred Peet introduced in Berkeley, CA in 1966. This is an incredible opportunity to join and help shape the voice of a strong passion brand!
The Amazon Fulfillment Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective delivery of high-quality logistics services for their channel. The Manager is a tactical, forward planning, open-minded thinker who continuously works to develop and improve channel operations by striving to deliver best-practice management of people and warehousing solutions. Reporting to the Senior Manager of e-Commerce Fulfillment, this role will manage Amazon fulfillment progress from USA Distribution Centers (Oakland). This is a full-time, exempt position.
What You Will Do
* Manage a team of Leads, Load Planners, and Order Selectors within Amazon operations and ensure fulfillment levels meet or exceed internal and external KPIs. Manage team performance issues or any other issues requiring improvement.
* Oversee the Amazon fulfillment process, working in collaboration with Sales Operations, Marketing, Procurement, and Oakland Operations to meet weekly demand
* Embed continuous improvements with the Amazon Fulfillment team and drive for Operational Excellence using stretch goals and key performance indicators (KPI) to monitor progress
* Responsible for the execution of the annual operating budget within areas of responsibility. Identify areas of improvement in efficiencies and waste reduction
* Manage and motivate employees to achieve results through leadership and effective coaching.
* Responsible for the Amazon Fulfillment team's safety, housekeeping, quality, productivity, employee conduct and performance in partnership with Sr Manager e-Commerce Fulfillment and Sr Manager Oakland Operations.
* Utilize the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively lead and gain involvement of team members and ensure individual and team levels of performance exceeding goals and expectations. In conjunction with Sr Manager e-Commerce Fulfillment, develop and maintain succession plans for all areas of responsibility to ensure sustainable performance for future years
* Monitor, forecast and plan wages, labor and resources accurately and effectively using company tools (rosters, daily planners), within budget and OWR expectations; make operational adjustments as required
* Develop and manage all expenses - including Labor cost KPIs - in line with budget
* Maintain allocated assets
* Manage, report, and influence shift productivity rates and KPIs directly and through team
* Prepare and present KPI reports with relevant commentary to Sr Manager Oakland Operations and Sr Manager e-Comm Fulfillment
* Manage end-to-end development planning; role clarity, succession & development planning, and performance review & management.
* Ensure compliance with all required policies, procedures and legal and/or industrial standards
* Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders
Who You Are
* Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in Logistics / Distribution pick-pack environments, or 3-5 years of experience in e-commerce Logistics / Distribution FMCG or Retail industry, or 4-7 years of experience in Peet's Roasting Plant with a history of consistently exceeding job expectations and acting as a role model for other employees.
* Professional qualifications in logistics and/or management desirable
* Leadership and team building skills, including effective communication, engagement, performance review, setting clear expectations, delivering feedback, and inspiring results
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; Capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the work environment
* Knowledgeable in continuous improvement methodologies (i.e. lean, six-sigma); green or black belt certified a plus; Experience in Issue Resolution and Incident Investigation
* Working knowledge of a P&L (income statement) and ability to identify drivers of cost and improvement opportunities.
* Self-motivated and goal-oriented; able to work effectively under pressure with high-energy, and proactive style; brings well developed sense of urgency to all work. Must also be quality minded, analytical and results oriented.
* Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and warehouse management systems (D365 preferable)
* Due to the changing operational demands and seasonal peaks of a retail business, there may be a need for you to work outside of standard operating hours, which may include work on weekends and public holidays
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds at a time
* Must be physically capable of sitting for long periods of time in an open and creative office environment
* Must be physically capable of walking and standing for long periods on surfaces not necessarily friendly to the legs and back
Peet's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer For more information about our craft and who we are please visit our website. We look forward to hearing from you