Employment Type: Full-Time
For over a century, friends and family, celebrities and athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have all flocked to Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of Californias Monterey Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, California, owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay and Del Monte Golf Course.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance, AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by DELL Technologies, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance Championship Impacting The First Tee. Pebble Beach Golf Links has hosted six U.S. Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship and numerous other tournaments.
The Trail Guide provides safe and memorable guided trail rides to Pebble Beach Resort guests, outside guests and the Equestrian Center clients. Groom, tack and care for all of the Pebble Beach Equestrian Center trail horses and provide daily turnout for the Equestrian Center client's horses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Practice safe and humane horse handling at all times.
* Under direction from the Courtyard Supervisor and Manager, provide guided rides for guests and clients of PBEC.
* Groom and care for all PBEC trail horses.
* Move horses from corral and stalls to turnouts in a timely, safe and efficient manner. under direction following the daily schedule as set by the Manager.
* Assess new trail horse prospects and provide input to Courtyard Supervisor and Manager on suitability.
* Monitor health and soundness of the trail horses and report any problems immediately.
* Clean and care for all of the PBEC trail horse tack daily after each ride, report breakages and issues promptly to Courtyard Supervisor and Manager for re-ordering.
* Correctly tack-up each horse safely and comfortably.
* Assist clients with mounting and dismounting.
* Keep trail horse area and courtyard area clean and free of debris and manure at all times.
* Ensure that water is always available to the horses and the feed bins have feed cubes at all times.
* Check each client for comfort and advise on the use of a safety helmet.
* On large rides, work together with Courtyard Supervisor, under the direction of the Manager to assure that the guests are safely guided.
* Report farrier or other issues to the Courtyard Supervisor or Manager immediately.
* Provide office coverage at times when the Administrative Assistant is absent to provide seamless coverage of office and telephones at all times as assigned by the Courtyard Supervisor or Manager.
* Perform other job related duties as assigned.
* Comply with all Pebble Beach Company and departmental policies regarding safety guidelines, procedures for performing tasks, using chemicals and operating equipment.
* Know, model and integrate Pebble Beach Company culture (mission, values and standards).
Absolutely Required Skills:
* Excellent riding ability.
* Able to take direction.
* Good communication skills. Ability to communicate with guests and clients.
* Service oriented.
* Self starter and Team player.
* Ability to complete a variety of horse related tasks from grooming to riding.
* Good with children.
* This person must be physically fit and able to ride a variety of horses safely.
* Previous experience at a large riding establishment preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to sit long periods of time. Repetitive hand use. Firm grasping required. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Why work for us:
* Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th day of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow you peace of mind. Our state-of-the-art Health and Wellness Center provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical team to tend to you and your familys health needs free of cost.
* We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail and spa.
* Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you dont golf, youll quickly become the most popular member of the family and your circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
* Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach University training programs.
* Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our team and guests is our number one priority. All employees will be required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the beginning of the employees first scheduled shift. Employees must commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation guidelines.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.