Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Tower Foreman
LOCATION: Oxnard, CA
PEARCE SERVICES is a leading national provider of operations, maintenance, and engineering services for critical telecommunication and renewable energy infrastructure across the United States. Pearce offers innovative, tech-enabled services across its four brands: Pearce Services, Pearce Renewables, MaxGen Energy Services, and World Wind & Solar - each with a strong reputation in their respective high-growth markets. Learn more at www.pearce-services.com.
The Tower Foreman is responsible for supervising and assisting with the operations and maintenance of cell sites. The Foreman will need to be able to lead an experienced tower technician crew, as well as train new technicians while maintaining a safe productive job site.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
* Operate as a crew Foreman in the installation, maintenance, and de-installation of all aspects of wireless cell site foundations including grounding conduits, electrical installations, site de-installation of antennas, coax, and BTS cabinets
* Climbing towers and ladders of various heights
* Construction, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, and maintenance of telecommunications equipment
* Operating test equipment and data reporting
* Performing additional maintenance or upgrades on out of season equipment
* Conducting performance checks and regular maintenance-Maintaining, repairing, and occasionally installing various cell tower types
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
* Must have previous Tower Foreman experience
* 2+ years of tower climbing experience
* High School Diploma or Equivalent with Associates Degree in Electronics or related field preferred)
* Must be a professional, reliable, and trustworthy individual
* Climbing Safety & Rescue Certification (assistance may be provided for renewals)
* Understand and enforce compliance with FCC/FAA/EPA/OSHA regulations and standards
* Knowledge of relevant electronic, mechanical, and electrical components
* Must be able/willing to comply with all safety procedures and protective gear.
* Be capable with computers/tablets for the purpose of submitting Daily Work Reports
* Possess leadership and time management skills and be a self-starter
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
* Must be able to comply with DOT physical requirements: Able to work in extreme weather, high altitudes, and in remote areas; able to climb over 80 ft, lift over 50 pounds, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, and standing for long periods of time; have unimpaired hearing; able to distinguish between colors; read printed materials
* Must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record (if driving a Company Vehicle) and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
WHAT WE OFFER
Pearce offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), PTO, and a 401k retirement plan. Also provided are a company vehicle, phone, laptop, or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Pearce Services believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.