Microwave Tower Foreman
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Microwave Technician Foreman
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
PEARCE SERVICES is a leading nationwide provider of outsourced operations, maintenance, and engineering services for mission-critical infrastructure including telecommunication networks, renewable energy installations (solar and wind), electric vehicle charging stations, and large-scale power generation and batteries. With over 1,700 team members, Pearce is a fast-growing leader in its class through continuous innovation and robust growth objectives. Pearce offers innovative, tech-enabled services across its four distinctive brands: Pearce Services, Pearce Renewables, MaxGen Energy Services, and World Wind & Solar -- each with a strong reputation in their respective high-growth markets. Learn more about Pearce at www.pearce-services.com.
Pearce is seeking a skilled Microwave Technician Foreman. The position includes Installation and troubleshooting of Nokia, Avait, Dragonwave, Ceragon, and most brands of Microwave systems for Public Safety, Cell carriers, and various companies throughout the region. Work requires driving to various locations, working out of town for extended days, working long hours, weekends, and nights at times as required, respond to outages, and disaster recovery efforts. Site access by snowcat, helicopter and specialty vehicles is common.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Install a microwave system, program, and align to PCN Requirements
* Program and troubleshoot microwave systems (Aviat, Ceragon, Nokia, Mini links, Etc.)
* Read, interpret and apply PCN guidelines
* Build, Install and align MW Dishes
* Climb up to 300ft + and perform work
* Install and connect main lines (Waveguide, Coax, and CAT5)
* Install tower steel and MW Dishes
* Operate a capstan hoist safely
* Operate a 4wd vehicle in harsh conditions off-road
* Tow a trailer on and off-road in 4wd conditions
* Pull and sign off building permits
* Perform RF sweep testing and troubleshoot issues
* Perform FIBER testing and troubleshoot issues
* Perform CAT5 testing and troubleshoot issues
* Perform site surveys and design installation plans
* Perform LOS studies on the tower
* Operate cameras and collect and upload photos
* Paint installations as required
* Complete preconstruction meetings with tower owners
* Work in harsh weather conditions
* Establish and maintain JSA on-site OSHA requirements
* Complete required training established by the company
* Communicate professionally with internal and external people effectively
* Complete required timecard, expenses, and electronic submissions
* Provide leadership and training to others by example
* Operate and maintain a vehicle in a safe manner no speeding or unsafe driving
* Maintain and stock tools and equipment in vehicle organized and inventoried
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum of 2+ years of climbing experience
* RFE exposure trained and RF monitor experience in the field
* Climb certification held for more than 4 years experience on communications towers
* Rescue certified climb certification
* Rigging certified cardholder and ability to complete a rigging plan
* Climbing Safety & Rescue Certification (assistance may be provided for renewals)
* High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree in Electronics or related field preferred)
* Compliance with FCC/FAA/EPA/OSHA Regulations
* Knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and electrical components
* Must be able/willing to comply with all safety procedures and protective gear.
* Able to operate a computer or tablet and complex programs
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and by email.
* Must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record (if driving a Company Vehicle) and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
* Must be able to comply with DOT physical requirements: Able to work in extreme weather, high altitudes, and in remote areas; able to climb over 80 ft, lift over 50 pounds, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, and standing for long periods of time; have an unimpaired hearing; able to distinguish between colors; read printed materials.
* Preference is given to those candidates able to be on call and travel for work.
WHAT WE OFFER
Pearce offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), PTO, and a matching 401(k) retirement plan. Also provided are a company vehicle, phone, laptop, or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
For immediate consideration, please apply at the provided link and submit your most current resume.
Pearce Services believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.