Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Data Analyst position in Carlsbad, CA
The Business Analyst will support the business intelligence strategy and related initiatives that deliver comprehensive, actionable data reporting and analysis for commercial, functional and business leadership and team members to evaluate key performance metrics and correlate current or future actions aimed to improve top/bottom line results. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Analytics and working within a highly matrixed organization, this position will be part of a global team of Business Analysts that contribute to the overall growth of the Global Services & Support business within the Life Sciences Solutions Group.
What Will you do?
- Assess business needs through collaboration with global business leaders and subject matter experts to drive design, implementation, and improve visibility/accuracy of our data for scalable and efficient solutions
- Design, build, and maintain automated reporting, dashboards, and analyses to enable our team self-service data needs, enabling faster decision making as well as execution
- Work with data set from various data sources such as SAP ERP, Sales Force, Cloud for Service, Workday and reporting systems such as Business Objects and Cognos/EDW
- Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using Power BI, SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating or simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative data sets
- Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders as well as ad-hoc and time sensitive requests to advance key initiatives
How will you get here?
- BA/BS in a field that emphasizes analyzing, displaying, or reporting on data (e.g., business, computer science, math, economics, statistics)
- 3+ years analyzing and interpreting data
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a business intelligence or analytics role focused on gathering, reporting and interpreting key operational or financial performance indicators, ideally for life science products and services.
- Must have experience with Power BI data visualization and its various features as well as DAX
- Experience with SQL to extract required data from database
- Experience with Excel and its advance features like Pivot table, vlookups, charts
- Experience building data model, measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions using various data sources
- Familiarity with Python is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Business acumen, with the ability to navigate and influence stakeholders within a complex business environment
- Ability to self-learn new features of the tools and apply them as appropriate
- Proven ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate results into insights and action
- Exceptional communication (English language) and project management skills, along with a track record of building alignment across multi-functional teams
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$