Employment Type: Full-Time
For over 35 years, PBK Architects has been a leader in architectural and engineering design solutions across the United States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award winning firm. Here at PBK, we pride ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners, architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations with our actions today. Heres your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
Description Project Architect
Were seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award-winning, dynamic organization. We're looking for people with:
* Excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills.
* A strong desire to excel and advance in a fast paced, challenging and client focused environment.
* Superior client focus/service mentality.
* Strong problem-solving and teamwork skills.
* Creativity, integrity, and initiative.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
* Leads production of schematic design, design development and construction documents.
* Works directly with Project Manager to select and recommend procedures.
* Develops preliminary designs.
* May supervise Design Interns, Project Coordinators, Job Captains, Designers, and be assisted by Interior Designers or Marketing staff.
* Organize and direct the architectural and/or engineering team to execute the work in an orderly, timely, and coordinated.
* Oversees construction phases of projects.
* Serves as liaison with clients and consultants for projects.
* Communicating with and coordinating the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors, team members.
* Review and approve shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance.
* Communicating and coordinating with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations.
* Occasional travel required.
* Must be a licensed Architect in the state of California.
* 5+ years of professional experience required.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in using Revit Architecture.
* Ability to use ACAD, Photoshop, SketchUp or other 3D Modeling, Animation, Rendering computer graphics programs a plus.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors
This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement within an award winning architectural firm. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. An aggressive, client oriented personality with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of Best Places to Work.