Senior Manager, FP&A - Honey
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Finance Manager will be a key part of the Honey Finance team, reporting to the Head of Finance - Honey and PayPal Shopping. This role will include financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis with a strong business focus.
Beyond a strong financial analysis background, we are in search of a self-starter, who has an inquiring mind, a proactive nature, commercial acumen and a fascination for discovering insights from customer activity.
In order to develop actionable insights, the individual will need to work with product, risk, operations, sales, and finance teams to determine the key metrics, but also to outline proposals for improvement. They will be able to prioritize and influence the organization to implement the various initiatives by collaborating with leaders across the organization.
The role will require that the individual:
* Build and maintain models to predict short-term and longer-term financial trajectory for Honey
* Partner with accounting and operations to successfully close the books on a monthly basis
* Work closely with Honey business leaders to deep dive on key business, financial, merchant and consumer metrics to develop insights and strategy.
* Own analysis and reporting of underlying drivers of monthly business performance
* Support monthly and quarterly operational reviews and business deep dives
* Build frameworks (models and reports) to analyze performance of the Honey business, identify and commercialize opportunities.
* Support improvements to processes and systems to streamline efficiency
* Serve as primary point of contact for financial matters related to Honey across the PayPal organization
* BA degree or equivalent academic qualification.
* Analytical - Thorough understanding and experience with customer data, excellent excel skills (including pivot tables, functions, macros, charts).
* Demonstrated ability to interpret data and offer insight and recommendations into business opportunities.
* Ability to proactively identify and develop insights which would be valuable to support the decision making
* Effective time-management and prioritization skills to manage workload.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels.
* Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity.
* Results oriented, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure.
* Must be eager to learn, contribute and share knowledge - internally and externally.
* Team focused and someone who relishes challenges and has a thirst to contribute.
* Knowledge and expertise of SQL programming and Essbase is highly desirable
* High level Microsoft office Excel and power point
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.