Product Manager 3 - Technical
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Merchant Unbranded Card Processing is responsible for processing billions in transaction processing volume globally for PayPal's Enterprise, Partner, and SMB Direct merchants. Some of the areas we work on include:
* Expansion - expanding our processing power through adding new card types and expanding our processing footprint to new geographical regions.
* Cost Optimization - building capabilities that offer our merchants to lower their transaction expense
* Compliance - keep card processing compliant by adding new features and mandates required by card brands across our global portfolio
* Reliability - reliably grow and scale our payments systems, currently handling millions of payments every day across a variety of card brands.
As a Product Manager in the Merchant Unbranded Card Processing team, you will create delightful payment processing solutions that enable PayPal's merchants to grow and scale their card payments globally and reliably.
In this role, you will bring together a passion and diligence for creating exceptional merchant experience along with technical payments expertise. You will collaborate very closely with engineering and keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives and planning meetings. You will also collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure that our enterprise and partner businesses get the best-in-class solutions and experiences.
We value accountability, curiosity and invest in shared successes. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, have a keen eye for detail, understand nuances by asking the right kind of questions, be willing to dive into key strategic initiatives and the drive to make the product a reality.
* Define Product requirements and lead successful execution of initiatives that enable card processing solutions for PayPal's merchants. This includes the definition and development of payment user experience, payment APIs, and processing integrations.
* Engage closely with engineering and architecture to help determine the best technical implementation/design while balancing time-to-market needs.
* Customer advocacy: Represent the end customer on an ongoing basis and use this to drive effective prioritization and decisions.
* Influencing and communication: Lead and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders - Engineering, Operations, Risk, Legal, Sales, Business Development, Marketing.
* Data-driven decision-making: Use A/B Testing, analytics, market research, usability studies, and competitive analysis to drive decision making
* Make tough priority calls and trade-offs balancing available time, talent, and critical business needs
* Lead sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives and write user stories.
* Bachelor's degree is required. Preferably in a quantitative or technical field.
* Experience in payments, eCommerce, FinTech preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in the execution of tech-related projects preferably in an agile software development environment.
* Have experience delivering products in a matrixed organization.
* Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.