MTS1, Software Engingeer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
GDS (Global Data Sciences) is a PayPal unit specializing in developing unique, best-of-breed fraud-detection solutions & cutting-edge technologies which are integrated into scalable & distributed systems that process tens of millions of events daily, evaluating fraud within hundreds of milliseconds, processing billions of dollars annually. At GDS team, we develop machine learning platform and AI applications to improve PayPal's global business. As an engineer in GDS, you will work closely with analytical team, understand the requirement with cutting-edge algorithm, contribute to the core platform, make the research work to a real product. We are looking for a motivated team player, to join a highly skilled team of experienced professionals who are passionate to solve machine learning problems and able to deliver AI solutions in scalable way, which believes in software craftsmanship, clean and elegant coding, using the right tool for the job, and always exploring and learning new technologies and approaches.
* Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new functionality and maintaining existing components
* Implement Machine Learning Platform and related tools
* Deep dive into PayPal's world class risk systems and algorithms and work side by side with data scientists and analysts on data centric analytic solutions
* Contribute to PayPal's efforts to fight Fraud, using advanced algorithms and technology, while deploying the code you develop into PayPal's live systems, and having a true global effect
* Build end to end system for model training, testing and deployment
* At least 5 years solid server-side development with Java
* Solid knowledge of data structure and algorithms
* Knowledge about Machine Learning and AI
* A passion for developing robust, scalable software systems
* Strong OOP skills, ability to analyze requirements and prepare design
* Hands on experience with common open-source and Java EE technologies
* B.S. in computer sciences or equivalent
* Experience working in agile methodology
* Experience working on Big Data platform
* Experience working on front end technologies
* Experience working both in startups and in large companies
* Good communication skill to global business and technical partners
* Highly motivated, goal driven, Can-do approach
* Innovative, entrepreneurial, team player, ability to multi-task
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.