Manager, Product Data Science, Shopping
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Manager, Product Data Science
At PayPal, we continue to push the boundary of what technology can do to make a difference in the world we live in. We believe that now is the time to reimagine money, to democratize financial services so that managing and moving money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. For that, we are seeking exceptional world-class problem solvers with a passion for data insights and relentless focus on execution.
* You are curious and inquisitive: love digging into data and uncovering insights
* You are hyper-analytical and intellectually honest, truly believing in data-driven decisions and communicating your ideas through storytelling
* You are familiar with data science and machine learning techniques to improve product experiences
* You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-pace environment, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance
* You are a fun-loving, adventurous team player
Role - As a member of the product analytics team, you will:
* Become a domain expert in your product areas and conduct rigorous data analysis to help improve customer experiences and identify profitable growth opportunities
* Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build world-class products and design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
* Improve product experiences for 200+ million customers using data science techniques
* Leverage the Objective & Key Results (OKR) framework to identify product metrics and monitor product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
* Present findings and recommendations to senior-level/non-technical stakeholders
* Data driven mindset with degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Economics
* 6+ years of relevant work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
* Fluent in SQL and Excel; experience with a statistical programming language (e.g., R, Python)
* Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlikview, and web analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics) preferred
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to influence cross-functional teams
* Prior work experience in digital (website/marketing/product) analytics, management consulting, investment banking, and/or consumer financial products is highly valued
* Experience/knowledge of employing statistical, data mining and machine learning algorithms (e.g. regression and clustering) on real world problems is a plus
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.