Dir, BC and Cryptocurrency Innovation
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal's Global Financial Crimes and Consumer Protection (GFC & CP) organization is seeking a highly experienced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) professional to serve as the Head of Global Financial Crimes Cryptocurrency Innovation. This role will be the primary point of contact for technical and strategic decisions made within PayPal's Blockchain, Crypto and Digital Currencies (BCDC) business unit that may impact PayPal's approach to AML, Sanctions and other illicit financing controls.
PayPal's Blockchain, Crypto and Digital Currencies (BCDC) business unit is focused on ensuring end-to-end management of PayPal's underlying product, technology infrastructure, partnerships, and regulatory foundations for digital assets to help enable our support existing capabilities and markets, as well as drive continued growth in the space. The Global Financial Crimes (GFC) organization is responsible for detecting and preventing financial crimes, including money laundering and terrorism financing. The Head of GFC Crypto Innovation will play a pivotal role in ensuring that PayPal develops best-in-class AML controls for all initiatives related to the BCDC business unit.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for AML and financial crimes related issues related to BCDC initiatives.
* Work closely with BCDC product teams to develop compliance requirements that achieve business goals while balancing AML obligations and risks
* Advise BCDC leaders on AML considerations and technical requirements that must be incorporated into product builds to achieve compliance objectives
* Advise senior PayPal leadership and business clients on PayPal's financial crimes program as it relates to BCDC-driven initiatives
* Work collaboratively with BCDC and GFC leaders to implement blockchain analytics tools and technology, including defining requirements overseeing vendor engagements and developing a roadmap of broader integration between blockchain analytics solutions and PayPal's internal ecosystem
* Develop close working relationships with key leaders and stakeholders within Legal, Corporate Development, Global Regulatory Relations, Government Relations, Finance, Treasury, Tax, and Human Resources functions.
* Participate in relationship-building and ongoing program reviews by external stakeholders, including regulators, bank partners and law enforcement
Job Requirements and Qualifications
* 15+ years of experience in financial technology, AML compliance, law enforcement, payment systems, digital assets, financial regulation or investigations
* Deep understanding of the technological variants of digital asset ecosystems with a focus on AML and illicit financing controls for digital assets
* Knowledge of emerging regulatory frameworks impacting the digital asset ecosystem
* Experience working directly with product and engineering stakeholders
* Proven track record in driving positive outcomes between compliance and business leaders
* Ability to quickly assess AML issues involving cross-border complexities
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
* Excellent project management skills, well organized, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
* A high-level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong ability to inspire and foster an inclusive and diverse culture.
San Jose, California, United States of America
New York, San Francisco-Xoom
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.