Employment Type: Full-Time
For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care, Private Duty, and Care Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their families know us for our personalized, high-quality care, delivered with empathy, kindness, and respect.
TITLE: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
SCHEDULE: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon Full time
HOURS: 8:30am-5pm (hours are flexible)
The Home Health Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for providing skilled nursing care to assigned patients and their families. Documents observations and interventions related to the patient's environment physical, mental, social and emotional status. Communicates patient status and needs to be based on a plan of care with the Clinical Team Manager and other members of the home care team. Performs duties consistent with the Vocational Nurse Practice Act.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Provides those services requiring the skills of a licensed vocational nurse in accordance with the plan of care.
* Documents observations, clinical findings, problems, skilled interventions, goals and discharge plans.
* Provides and documents skilled nursing care on all visits (includes skilled observation of the patient's condition, skilled care, and procedures and teaching of the patient and/or family).
* Communicates with the Clinical Team Manager or with the physician and other members of the home care team informing them of significant changes in the patients' condition and needs. Documents these communications.
* Attends and actively participates in the clinical team multidisciplinary patient conference. When attendance is not possible, provides appropriate input on assigned patients.
* Submits all documentation according to agency requirements.
* Meets established productivity standards.
* Demonstrates established clinical competencies.
* Uses agency provided telecommunication devices (i.e. cell phone, voice mail, and pager) according to established guidelines.
* Follows established standards for point of service technology, documentation, and synchronization.
* Seeks out and maintains skills and knowledge relevant to skilled home care nursing.
* Participates in agency sponsored in-service education.
* Participates in agency-sponsored quality improvement activities.
* Assists in development of agency protocols, procedures and policies as requested.
* Assesses, organizes and delivers teaching materials for assigned home care patients as requested.
* Performs other duties as assigned consisted with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
* Current California LVN License. Must have 'IV Blood Withdraw' on discipline license.
* Minimum of one year of nursing experience.
* Demonstrates willingness and ability to work with electronic input and telecommunication devices.
* Current California driver's license and automobile insurance with minimum Bodily Injury Liability coverage per agency policy.
* Current CPR- American Heart Association 'BLS Health Care Provider' requested upon renewal