Research Associate 2
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pacira BioSciences, Inc. is a leading provider of non-opioid pain management and regenerative health solutions dedicated to improving outcomes for health care practitioners and their patients. Our in-depth knowledge of non-opioid pain management, coupled with our passion for advancing patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results.
Why work with us?
Rarely do you have an opportunity to do work that really matters. What drives us is our mission. What makes us successful are our people. At Pacira, you are part of an inclusive culture that fosters collaboration, growth, and innovative thinking - a place where you can make an impact and help change the standard of care in non-opioid pain management. Be part of our movement, let's pursue excellence together.
The purpose of this position is to carry out assigned laboratory duties which may include sampling, testing, and evaluating analytical data on samples such as raw materials, in-process, and final products. In addition, will also develop and validate analytical methods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform methods development and validation for in-process and final product analyses.
* Carry out product testing and stability studies, as needed.
* Conduct laboratory tests in compliance with established internal Standard Test Methods (STMs), compendial and vendor/partner supplied methods.
* Maintain organized records of tests performed and results obtained by following company policies.
* Perform troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment.
* Participate in writing documents for GMP compliance and regulatory submissions such as standard test methods, validation reports, and SOPs.
* Provide technical assistance and training to other laboratory personnel.
* Understand and comply with all company policies, safety procedures, and SOPS, including cGMPs and cGLPs.
* Assist in the preparation analytical data for internal and external meetings and presentations.
* Conduct laboratory tests in compliance with established Standard Test Methods (STMs) and within regulatory and laboratory requirements.
* Assist in performing laboratory investigations. Contribute to written investigation reports as required.
* Maintain a level of technical knowledge and understanding in the assigned areas of responsibility that are consistent with the current scientific requirements of the company.
* Participate in the transfer of methods to/from the Quality Control department.
* Represent functional area in Project Teams, as required.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study (e.g. chemistry, pharmacy, biology, engineering, etc.) from an accredited college or university. 2-5 years combined academic and pharmaceutical industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Good understanding of the chemical and physical principals upon which formulation, process development and analytical methodology is based.
* Familiarity with cGMPs.
* Competent in using typical laboratory and processing equipment (e.g. HPLC, UV Spec, pH meter, centrifuge, etc.).
* Ability to utilize scientific information resources within the assigned area of responsibility.
* Good observation skill, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills (e.g. rational progression of investigation).
* Good understanding of the scientific thinking in the design of experimental protocols.
* Good documentation skills (e.g. notebook, reports) with attention to detail and legible handwriting.
* Good organizational skills (e.g. daily tasks, documentation, archived information).
* Good interpersonal skills (e.g. working with members of other teams to achieve shared goals).
* Good verbal and written English communication skills (e.g. able to participate in scientific discussions and written interactions).
* Proficient in the use of computers and widely used workplace applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook, graphing software, etc.).
* Ability to be flexible in adapting work plan to current corporate goals.
* Good time management skills (e.g. multi-tasking and task prioritization).
Pacira is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), veteran status, disability or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Pacira we are committed to intentionally cultivating a culture of inclusion where all feel welcomed and valued for their background, perspectives, and experiences. We hold one another accountable to promote trust and transparency in support of our communities and collective purpose.