Data Governance Lead Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
* May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position.*
The Data Governance Lead is responsible for leading various data governance activities for the Data Governance Office at the Bank. The role reports directly to the Data Governance Officer for Pacific Western Bank and plays an important role in maturing the Bank's enterprise data governance framework. This position will facilitate and lead the business outreach, proactive data profiling efforts, requirements gathering, and implementation of the automated data governance tools and processes to address the Bank's data governance needs and drive tool adoption at the business unit level. The incumbent will be required to navigate effectively and support a matrixed team of data owners, data stewards, business users, IT with the adoption of the enterprise level centralized data governance tools and processes.
* Lead business outreach and understand business process and pain points around critical data.
* Perform proactive data profiling, technical data analysis, and review profiling results with the business to identify data quality rules for critical data.
* Navigate effectively with business, data management and IT partners to understand the current data structures and processes impacting data with a focus on providing value to the business.
* Play a key role in supporting Data Governance Officer with data governance tool evaluations, requirements development, tool implementation, Vendor selection and Proof of Concept (POC).
* Co-ordinate and encourage cross functional collaboration and testing of self-service tools by business data stewards, owners and consumers.
* Work with internal DG team to support requirements for data quality and reporting and analytics platform development for data governance initiatives.
* Maintain central documentation around profiling, tool training and user guides.
* Define and measure Key Performance Indicator's for DG progress and the success of the program.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 8 years of overall industry experience.
* Minimum of 4 years of hands on experience in SQL query, Oracle and SQL Server databases.
* Minimum of 2 years of hands on experience working with data profiling and governance tools (e.g. Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Informatica Analyst profiling tool, and Informatica Exon/Collibra DG tool).
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance, or other relevant discipline.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of information management, data governance, data quality, data analysis and metadata management topics
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of data architecture, structures and various data quality, governance and reporting & analytics platforms (e.g. Informatica IDQ, Axon, PowerBI).
* Knowledge of industry leading data quality, data governance and data management processes.
* Knowledge of data related regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
* Proactive mindset with focus on providing value with thorough data analysis.
* Excellent business acumen and time management skills.
* Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills with Influencing and Negotiating capabilities.
* Positive with suggestions & flexible to adjust with the environment.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Ability to interface effectively and professionally with internal and cross functional teams.
* Ability to multi-task several projects at once. Flexible and adaptable to change.
* Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
* Quick learner with willingness to learn new techniques & tools.
* Well versed with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, MS Word, Visio and PowerPoint).
* Strong ability in documenting procedures and user guides
* 2 years of experience in commercial bank or financial services firm.
* 2 years of experience in reporting and analytics tools - Power BI and/or Tableau.
* Experience with Data Warehouse / Data Lake / MDM Hub concepts (Production/Aggregation/Consumption layers).
* Project Management certification (PMP) is preferred.