Employment Type: Full-Time
Who is Pacsun?
Pacsun is dedicated to delivering an exclusive collection of the most relevant brands and styles to a community of inspired youth. Through partnerships with brands such as adidas, Brandy Melville, Essentials Fear of God, our own brands, and many more, we offer a unique range of product that all youth can express themselves through. We have worked with celebrities such Emma Chamberlain, Storm Reid, Jules LeBlanc, and A$AP Rocky to curate exclusive product. Pacsun ranks #3 as a favorite apparel brand amongst teens - #1 amongst women and #4 amongst men. We have a reach of 1.6M followers on TikTok, 2.5M followers on Instagram and over 380K followers on Twitter.
We are committed to continuously learn and take action through philanthropic initiatives and outreach to support and partner with organizations that align with our company values of good mental health, diversity, and equality.
We believe in and understand the importance of using our voice, platform, and resources to inspire and bring about positive development in our local and global communities. Through meaningful partnerships and engagements, our goal is to inspire and positively impact the people around us, near and far.
Support the development and execution of the fabric and trim strategies to meet design vision, merchant requirements and Company financial goals. Lead the development of fabric, trims and labels for specific categories as assigned. Provide support to Sr. Product Manager to execute resourceful, cost effective and innovative trim and/ label development across all channels.
* Manage fabric, trim and label development; meet company calendar deadlines and proactively analyze costs to ensure adherence with establish seasonal cost targets and guidelines
* In partnership with Wholesale Design Partners and internal design team, ensure fabric trim and label development and final execution achieve seasonal direction
* Deliver innovative, cost effective, perfectly executed fabric, trims and labels for assigned categories, across all channels
* Be the expert - actively research and stay on top of trends to ensure PacSun isat the forefront of the marketplace. Present recommendations to design and Sr. product manager.
* Identify new fabrics trims and labels to meet the design intent and merchant requirements- make recommendations to the Design teams
* Proactively address quality issues in partnership with QA
* Manage fabric, trim and label library for in-line and inspiration materials
* Participate in meetings with overseas mill's and suppliers as needed
* Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
* Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
* Serve as a PacSun advocate in the industry and marketplace.
* Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
* As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
* Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
* 4 year college degree
* 5 years of experience in fabric development with trim knowledge
* Detailed technical knowledge of all trim/packaging development categories and critical applications
* Strong negotiation skills
* Ability to influence and collaborate with all levels of the organization
* Experience in overseas travel and working directly with Suppliers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
* The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
* Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
* Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.
* Flexible work options
* Dog friendly office environment
* Beverages and snacks provided daily
* Onsite gym, volleyball court, ping-pong tables, and a skate park available on campus
* HQ workforce of 60%+ people of color
* $1,000 referral incentive program
* Associate discount of 30-50% off merchandise online and in-stores
* Competitive long term and short term incentive program
* Immediate 100% vested 401K contributions and employer match
* Calm Premium access for all employees through 2021
* Employee perks throughout the year
* Visit our LinkedIn page to view many articles regarding our leaders and current initiatives
* Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company's sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.