Digital Marketing Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Digital Marketing Analyst plays a critical role in supporting strategic development and execution, including but not limited to online marketing campaigns and merchandising strategies to all stakeholders within ecommerce through effective reporting and analytics. The position will support internal customers including but not limited to Digital Marketing, ecommerce Merchants, Digital Merchandising and Web Development team. The incumbent will be experienced in data extraction, analyzing large amounts of raw data from disparate data sources and effectively communicate and deliver insights for the business areas listed above. In addition to delivering digestible insights, this position will be supporting business goal creations through new tag requests, perform UAT/QA and measure ROI on features and functionalities across these areas and on multiple device types. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing ongoing reporting to internal customers, as well as creating new reporting as these areas evolve their needs and as tagging capabilities evolve.
* Gathers and mine data from all relevant sources including internal customers, agencies, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, web-based applications and surveys
* Provides competitive insights relating to online selling strategies and market trends through third-party data and internet research
* Analyzes data identifying trends and patterns
* Forecasts and/or predicts customer behavior based upon trends, research and analysis
* Performs data validation and quality assurance on stakeholder reporting
* Writes analytical and informational reports for all levels of the ecommerce organization
* Interacts with ecommerce Managers to educate them on report usage, responds to data inquiries and develops ad hoc analysis to further understand the drivers behind the data
* Develops powerful and engaging data visualizations (data tables, charts and infographics) for senior management and stakeholders
* Examines the needs and concerns of ecommerce leadership to determine opportunities or problem areas and provides feedback in the development of policies, procedures, methods and/or standards
* Researches and responds to information requests from internal/external departments and management
* Provides training on digital analytics and ecommerce analytics best practice and tools
* Assist in maintaining analytics governance and best practices among various departments
* A minimum of one (1) year of online marketing experience working with analytics, reporting anduser feedback
* Advanced level in Excel
* 1-3 years of experience working directly with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, AdobeAnalytics
* BA/BS in a related field
* Someone with deep curiosity for how to improve the digital experience for Pacsun customers
* Demonstrated ability to create analyses that move beyond an explanation of 'what happened' to 'why it happened' and 'what should be done'
* Ability to identify/clarify campaign objectives and lead the development of KPIs that address these objectives
* Strong analytic skills both quantitative and qualitative
* Strong critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills and ability to work within a team
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Retail and SQL experience preferred.