Buyer - Mens
Employment Type: Full-Time
Identify, select and manage the merchandising programs for their specific classes, which contribute to, and support the merchandising strategies of the Company resulting in the attainment of its financial goals and objectives. Key responsibilities include: purchase decisions, sales growth, inventory and gross margin management, brand management and interfacing with management, planning, allocation and design and product development. The Buyer will direct the activities of their classes in accordance with the approved plan; review results and implement appropriate action where required. Identify and manage emerging and declining trends in a timely manner. Buyer's emphasis will be on private label along with key branded vendors.
* Driving sales and margins through vendor communication, internal design and product development, presenting new strategies and opportunities for sales and profits.
* Maintain the P.O. system, manage deliveries and manage and write orders.
* Attend branded vendors appointments. Participate in the Private Label. Product Development process as appropriate. Purchase branded product from the branded market and Private Label from PacSun in house Design/Product Development.
* Prepare for meetings and projects with Business Analysts (Planners, Allocation Staff, Merchandise and Management).
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
* Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years retail buying experience in either specialty store or department store and a Bachelor's Degree.
* Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Must have strong communication skills, providing direction to private label, design and product development team and brands.
* Ability to work as a team member
* Must be task driven and pro-active when it comes to executing tasks
* Thorough knowledge of retail Math such as gross margin, open to buy calculations, initial markup calculations, turnover etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
* The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
* Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
* Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.