Portfolio Manager - Entertainment Lending
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Portfolio Manager-Entertainment Lending is responsible for prescreening, underwriting, conducting risk management reviews and managing a complex portfolio of credit facilities in accordance with bank policy in support of the goals and objectives of the Specialty Banking lending unit. Applicant should display superior analytical abilities, attention to detail, and excel at working in a fast paced and results oriented environment.
* Responsible and accountable for credit underwriting and origination of new Entertainment credits for library and working capital financing in film, television and music from existing and/or new customers to include renewals, modifications, and annual reviews. Make appropriate loan structure recommendations.
* Assist in the review of prescreens, compile market data, provide loan structure recommendations, and assist in the development of term sheets
* Prepare written credit approval memoranda and ancillary forms for routine to moderately complex credit facilities.
* Monitor credit risk by periodically evaluating financial trends, covenant compliance and other sources of information of the borrower and guarantor(s); report any adverse situations and make appropriate recommendations.
* Recommend loan grades based on periodic review of financial or other information or data that may prompt a risk grade change.
* Ensure, either directly with clients or working with Agent Banks, that all correspondence and updated information is maintained in credit files (i.e. approvals, financials reporting and documentation related to renewals, modifications, forbearances and waivers, etc.).
* Review and analyze financial statements, projections and other 3rd-party due diligence reports.
* Partner with external counsel and Loan Administration in the preparation, review, approval, and negotiation of loan documents to ensure terms satisfy the specific requirements of the credit approval.
* Responsible for the Administration of loan advances, project budget reconciliations, collection & review of financial/operating statements, covenant testing, periodic asset reviews, extensions, modifications, and ad-hoc projects as needed.
* Responsible for performing all job functions with a sense of urgency and in a timely manner.
* Maintain and cultivate an effective working relationship with Internal (loan production staff, branches, and credit administration) and External clients (borrowers, agent banks, advisors, etc.).
* Responsible for maintaining a positive and professional relationship with customers and business partners (which include agent banks, third party lenders, attorneys and other external parties) by responding promptly for any and all requests in a responsive, consistent and accurate manner.
* Conducts trouble shooting and problem solving for complex issues.
* Conducts analysis of complex nature, makes determination of course of action, and makes recommendations to management.
* Using independent judgement, makes decisions on possible courses of action in adherence to the Bank's Credit policies, as needed.
* 3-5 years of experience in Entertainment Lending required
* Minimum 3+ years of portfolio management experience including spreading and analyzing company financial statements and other documentation relative to underwriting and monitoring a portfolio of entertainment loans.
* Well versed in library and working capital financing for film, television and music with experience in syndications and participations with the ability to analyze credits as well as a detailed knowledge of lending structure and cash flow analysis required