Employment Type: Full-Time
Providence is calling a Transporter (Full time/Variable shift) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
We are seeking a Transporter who will perform activities related to transportation of patients as directed. Provide mail and messenger services.
In this position you will:
Please upload current resume
* Implement and maintain established department, unit, and hospital policies, procedures, and objectives as well as improving organization performance program, patient/customer safety, environmental, and infection control policies
* Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary, and support department areas as directed by the Dispatcher
* Assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to or from beds, chairs, wheelchairs or stretchers
* Assist with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies
* Train other employees in day-to-day procedures
* Participate in educational programs and in-service meetings
* Attend meetings as required
* The following job accountabilities may be reassigned:
* Collect specimens, cultures, non-narcotic medications, orders, and requisitions and delivers items to appropriate destinations
* Develop exposed x-ray film and makes duplicates of radiographs using automatic developing equipment
* Operate automatic equipment to develop film
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement
* BLS for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association required. NOTE: If employee/applicant has certification by the American Red Cross-CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, this will be accepted until card expiration date
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Related experience
About the hospital you will serve:
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.