Manager of Incident Response and Emergency Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an\ Manager of Incident Response and Emergency Management to our location in Irvine, CA.
We are seeking a Manager of Incident Response and Emergency Management who will be responsible for implementing the incident response program, and activities within the response, planning and recovery function including being the backup to the Sr. Manager for running and overseeing the incident or event. The Manager will lead a team of experienced responders and subject matter experts in incident response, emergency management and business continuity, including mass communications. The Manger will lead the team in developing and enhancing policies, standards, processes, and playbooks for natural/man made disasters.
In this position you will:
* Working closely with the Sr. Manager, the Manger will help define and implement an incident response plan that helps coordinate and manage non-clinical, non-IT related incidents, resulting from either natural/man-made disaster such as fires, earthquakes, mass casualty, etc. Drive the coordinated response, and intelligence gathering to provide clear, concise situation awareness updates. Lead the efforts for coordination of resources, closing loop on communications, and reporting, until containment of incident is reached, while coordinating with lines of business and subject matter experts. And develop the post-response strategy.
* Oversee, actively test, and refine the incident response plan.
* Partner with local, regional and system partners to help coordinate and drive escalation, communication and resources needs as necessary.
* Coach and provide leadership, direction, motivation, and supervision of direct reports in the 3 functional areas of incident response, emergency management and business continuity.
* Develop and grow team members, identify development needs, and provide skill building and cross-training opportunities for the team.
* Liaison with HR, Legal, Privacy, Emergency Management, and other internal stakeholders.
* Lead the development, implementation and direction of supporting tools and the development of processes to leverage tool capabilities such as the mass communication system.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the incident response, emergency management and business continuity industry including awareness of new or revised regulatory and industry best practices.
* Collaborate with leaders in IT or clinical when incident is specific to those areas.
* Other related duties maybe assigned accordingly.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor's Degree in Incident Response/Emergency Management & Crisis Management
* Coursework/Training in Project Management
* 5 years Incident Management leading and responding to incidents and events
* 5 years Leadership, leading teams
* 2 years Running incidents utilizing proven information technology tools
* Effective leadership skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Demonstrated written communication skills
* Strong verbal communication and listening skills
* Demonstrated analytical skills
About the department you will serve:
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.#06022021