Department Assistant - Home Health
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Providence is calling a Department Assistant (Full-time/Day-shift) to Providence Little Company Of Mary Home Health in Torrance, CA. This position will be working Thursday to Monday.
We are seeking a Department Assistant who will provide clerical support to Clinical Team Assistants and Medical Records, including but not limited to, the areas of medical records filing, data entry and processing and tracking of required agency documentation. When working at reception desk, responsible for greeting and receiving all visitors and triaging incoming telephone calls in an efficient, timely manner, coordinating telephone and beeper communication for office and field staff.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
* Area of Emphasis:
* File medical record paperwork accurately and timely to maintain compliance with Title 22 requirements
* Perform data entry accurately and timely
* Prepare all out going documentation for mailing or courier/delivery as well as preparing interoffice mail for transfer as necessary. Perform hospital and MD runs for pick-up/delivery of mail, as necessary.
* At desk and when working reception desk answer telephone calls timely, identify self and department and maintain all calls without losing incoming calls. Promptly acknowledges and graciously receive all visitors to the department. Accurately use beeper communication system for contacting field staff when requested.
* Always strive to make the best use of time; seek out work that needs to be completed; assist others as needed.
* Always work well with those in a position of authority.
* Documentation/Information Management:
* Maintains accurate tracking logs for Plans of Treatment (485), MD supplementary orders and recertification's
* Timecard is complete, accurate and signed when turned in every two weeks.
* Assume responsibility and accountability for own professional growth and practice. This includes completing all required in-service education.
* Attend all assigned staff development activities for department including a minimum attendance of 75% at all scheduled work time staff meetings.
* Participate in in-service education, as requested.
* Performance Improvement:
* Participate as requested in agency Improving Organizational Performance activities.
* Promote use of the agency C.A.R.E. methodology in problem solving.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* 6 months of general office experience
* Ability to accurately file alpha/numeric as evidenced by work sample
* Ability to work independently or in a team environment
* Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position as defined on the RU-91 form
* Requires the ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language
* Requires the ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers
* Maintains a valid driver's license with no excessive violations or accidents
* Meets the minimum state requirement for auto insurance
* Available to work primarily weekends
* Bilingual English/Spanish
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor's Degree.
* 6 months experience utilizing computers, word processing, or other data systems
About the home health ministry you will serve.
As an integral part of the respected Providence Health & Services for over 25 years, our highly skilled healthcare professionals provide a full range of home health and clinical specialty programs to patients experiencing an illness, hospitalization or surgery or, for those receiving treatment for a chronic or acute illness. Providence Home Health embraces everyone from new mothers and their babies to the elderly with chronic health problems. Our team of health care professionals starts with the patient and his or her physician and may include: registered nurses; certified home health aides; social workers; physical, occupational and speech therapists. Our specialty care includes patient assessment and monitoring; beside protime monitoring; IV therapy; total parenteral nutrition; gastric feeding tube (G-Tube) for long-term enteral nutrition; V.A.C. therapy used to promote healing in acute or chronic wounds, fight infection and enhance healing of burns; pain management; injections; and ostomy management. From same-day referrals and a smooth transition from hospital to home, to attentive follow-up and communication with your own doctor, we provide care and support for you every step of the way to help restore your health to its fullest potential. Our goal is to equip our patients with the education and resources needed to regain and maintain good health.