CHHA Home Health
Employment Type: Part-Time
Providence is calling a Hospice Certified Home Health Aide (Part-Time/Day Shift) to Providence Little Company of Mary Home Health in Torrance, CA.
We are seeking a Hospice Certified Home Health Aide who will work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and the Continuous Care Clinical Supervisor. The Continuous Care Hospice CHHA performs various services for a patient as is necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort following the CHHA plan of care developed by the registered nurse in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team/group (IDG). The Continuous Care Hospice Certified Home Health Aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The Continuous Care Hospice Certified Home Health Aide will be assigned to provide continuous nursing care to the patient during times of medical crisis, as directed in the Plan of Care, in a manner that promotes the quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care. The Continuous Care Certified Home Health Aide is available for a minimum of 16 hours a week for continuous care assignments. May provide care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and young adults.
In this position you will:
* Perform personal care needs after given a patient assignment and attends to the patient's requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, reports to the RN Case Manager immediately.
* Meet safety needs of patient and uses equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, oxygen, etc.).
* Give personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene and shampoos in accordance with the CHHA Plan of care.
* Change bed linen as often as assigned.
* Assist in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
* Plan and prepare nutritious meals as assigned.
* Assist in feeding the patient as assigned.
* Take and record oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
* Provide proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominences.
* Report on patient's condition and significant changes to the RN Case Manager. Is aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
* Assist in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the RN Case Manager in the CHHA Plan of care.
* Offer and assist with bedpans and urinals as assigned
* Keep patient's living area clean and orderly as assigned.
* Respect patient/family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.
* Adhere to the organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
* Maintain productivity standards set by organization guidelines.
* Documentation / Information Management:
* Provide accurate and hourly documentation of patient care services given that to reflect the Plan of Care.
* Submit documentation for the patient medical record within the timeframe set by the organization guidelines.
* Leadership / Supervision:
* Participate in orientation, education and development of team members as directed by supervisor.
* Participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by immediate supervisor.
* Accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.
* Performance Improvement:
* Participate in the Performance Improvement Program and participates in and adheres to the PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice Corporate Integrity Plan.
* Follow Core Value for being financially prudent.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Meets the training requirements of the State of California: S418.76(a) standard: Hospice aide qualifications: See addendum A below
* Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
* Possess and maintain Certified Home Health Aide Certification
* Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state and/or LCMHS/TrinityCare Hospice requirements.
* 1 year experience
* Demonstrated ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
* Understands hospice philosophy and is comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
* Demonstrated self-direction and ability to work with little direct supervision.
* Secure with issues of death and dying.
* Provides a calm manner when in a patient's home.
* Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and impaired.
* Demonstrates tact, patient and good personal hygiene.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Good organizational skills.
* Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling.
About the home health ministry you will serve.
As an integral part of the respected Providence Health & Services for over 25 years, our highly skilled healthcare professionals provide a full range of home health and clinical specialty programs to patients experiencing an illness, hospitalization or surgery or, for those receiving treatment for a chronic or acute illness. Providence Home Health embraces everyone from new mothers and their babies to the elderly with chronic health problems.
Our team of health care professionals starts with the patient and his or her physician and may include: registered nurses; certified home health aides; social workers; physical, occupational and speech therapists. Our specialty care includes patient assessment and monitoring; beside protime monitoring; IV therapy; total parenteral nutrition; gastric feeding tube (G-Tube) for long-term enteral nutrition; V.A.C. therapy used to promote healing in acute or chronic wounds, fight infection and enhance healing of burns; pain management; injections; and ostomy management. From same-day referrals and a smooth transition from hospital to home, to attentive follow-up and communication with your own doctor, we provide care and support for you every step of the way to help restore your health to its fullest potential. Our goal is to equip our patients with the education and resources needed to regain and maintain good health.