Appointment Scheduler - Torrance *FT Days*
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system.
Providence is calling a Refill Center Specialist (Full-Time/Day Shift) to Providence Medical Institute in Torrance, CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
We are seeking an Appointment Scheduler who will operate clinic switchboard, provide routine information, and direct call to appropriate area.
In this position you will:
* Respond to emergency calls according to established procedures
* Communicate general clinic information
* Use paging system according to procedure
* Maintain appropriate logs and records
* Maintain schedule of physicians on-call, updating as necessary, notifying answering service of changes
* Assist prepaid on appointment for specialist
* Make charts
* Verify all appointments for next day visit
* Schedule appointments requested by phone
Required qualifications for this position include:
* 1 year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
* Knowledge of business office procedures.
* Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information.
* Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
* Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
* Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.#06022021